UBot Underground

Browser.exe Issues - What Process Is Working For You To Get Around This?

Hey Everyone,

I have a question for you as I have read various threads on this forum about how to deal with the browser.exe issues that appear in Ubot 4 and 5 across various different Windows operating systems but no one has really put it out there on how to deal with this problem for the masses of Ubot users that are having an issue with this or who have just given up.  I would like for those of you who are having success in getting around this issue to list what you are doing to have that success such as showing the snippet of code that you are using or the process. 

I don't have any of these problems on my computers but a few of my customers are experiencing these issues and nonetheless it is very frustrating as I love this platform but this very issue is driving me crazy as it just started happening to a few of my customers out of the blue.  Very strange but if a few of you elite Ubotters could list your process or workaround for people like myself who are dealing with this issue would be a great help to people like myself and the Ubot Community as a whole.

Here are a few things that I have tried with my customers with little to no success in no particular order.

Not Allowing Flash

Clear Cookies

Clear Flash 

Clear Cache

Clear History

Clear Temp Internet Files

In Windows 8 having the customer select the compatibility option to choose an older operating system like Windows 7 with no success.

Thank you for your help,

mrwalt

Are you talking about the mysterious browser.exe stopped working error and then the bot freezes, that just started to happening to bots that previously worked fine. Are you using version 4?

This problem is as old as ubot itself.

There have been many, many threads on this exact issue.  Many of which were deleted when the forum was "restructured".  But if you do a quick search you'll find that your definitely not the only one getting the browser crash.

Here are a couple of threads created by members to try and work around it:

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13968-free-automatically-close-ubot-browserexe-crashes-fix/

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/11469-fix-awesomium-blue-screen-browser-crash-workaround/

Good Luck!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

No, it just happens on some machines and not others. One day no problems at all the next week problems, so it just something I guess that we deal with!

Well, I was doing some research here.... and have some results of my tests.

Used a simple Navigate to... no images, no flash, after that I have this:

http://i.imgur.com/hgjvcda.png

You can see the Browser.exe here taking like 50MB, after that I do a navigate to another site, and get this:

http://i.imgur.com/acqohmN.png

Here we can see that the Browser.exe is taking 80MB of RAM, so the proccess if getting bigger, after each navigate it grows and grows ... then I do a Allow Flash->NO command and get this:

http://i.imgur.com/dabBG4W.png

Here you can see the Browser.exe in gray ... that means: "A process that is no longer running, but that is included in the current displayed data, will appear as a gray entry in a table until the data expires."

Then I do a navigate command again to the original site and get this:

http://i.imgur.com/1ruYLz8.png

Here you can see 2 Browser.exe, one about to die and a new one, that is the working one, that one is I guess restarted so it consumes less resources .... One more thing, the original Browser.exe was logged in to the original Navigate to .. site, and the credentials where reteined after the reset.

In my tests I was watching the Browser.exe growing to 500MB and 1GB of RAM(in a Navigate to ... loop) ... after the "reset" it goes back to the 50-60MB ... so, this can help a lot in the crashes.

Well thats all ... hope this is usefull.

Well, more news here ... I make some changes in a multithread bot that I have(having problems with this one) and voila!

http://i.imgur.com/2Vw9oSS.png

There you go, I have 6 threads running ... after the task they do is finished they call a "Enable Flash->no" command, then they go and do some more postings.

Before this changes my Browser.exe's where getting like 500MB each ...

Now you can see that they get like 70-90MB ... have not seen a 100MB one for a while ...(the gray ones are the die ones)

So my conclusion is that this "reset" thing works ... it's not written in the manuals ...(it should).

Don't know why the Browser.exe don't release resources alone, after each navigate command, it should.

Well, hope this is useful for someone.

• Like 1

Well, more news here ... I make some changes in a multithread bot that I have(having problems with this one) and voila!

http://i.imgur.com/2Vw9oSS.png

There you go, I have 6 threads running ... after the task they do is finished they call a "Enable Flash->no" command, then they go and do some more postings.

Before this changes my Browser.exe's where getting like 500MB each ...

Now you can see that they get like 70-90MB ... have not seen a 100MB one for a while ...(the gray ones are the die ones)

So my conclusion is that this "reset" thing works ... it's not written in the manuals ...(it should).

Don't know why the Browser.exe don't release resources alone, after each navigate command, it should.

Well, hope this is useful for someone.

wow ;)

So what you mean is that we have to put a "allow flash>no" before each "navigate to" or at the end of a task ?

Thanks for your tests, hope it will make my bots uncrash, I'll tell you soon ;)

I put the "Allow Flash->NO" before the navigate command ... no more crashes here till now ...

Looking at the Resources Monitor, I see that they will no grow like did before ... 500-1000MB ....

Just put the magic reset command before the navigate ... In my case I use the Allow Flash-> NO, but others one works too.(not tested by me)

The answer is simple and should be in the manual..

Most ubotters had to find this themselves.

Simply set user agent before any navigation command :)

And close thread if multi threading :)

• Like 1

I found out manually buy monitoring memory usage!

But once you know this trick ubot 4 works fine :)

I have yet to produce a large working bot in ubot 5, and not sure if will till all simple function bugs are fixed.

I really LOVE Ubot, don't get me wrong, but when I 1st get the Ubot was in the same process as now, from 3.xx to 4.

Same issues .. I just spend my 3 free upgrades months in "functional" updates ... no new toys or plugins, just the program getting working.

Ubot made me a lot of money by now, but I guess that we where just paying beta testers. That's how I feel about this.

Maybe the price of Ubot is too low ... and the updates are the main income, and they don't wanna charge mandatory recurring fees.

I don't know, but I love this software, been a programmer cuts my development times 100 times, compared to custom C# solutions I have.

Well, it's confirmed ... for me ... that this works. Ended a hole round trip of my bots and NO crashes. That's it.

Thanks a lot for all the info.

Doen't work for me
i do that

Thread
{
Loop 100 {
allow flash > No
Navigate to a site
Make some actions
}
}
I cannot use multithread with this bot, so it crash because memory is growing up... How can i do the job ? I tried so many things....

Edited by zenos

Doen't work for me

i do that

Thread

{

Loop 100 {

allow flash > No

Navigate to a site

Make some actions

}

}

I cannot use multithread with this bot, so it crash because memory is growing up... How can i do the job ? I tried so many things....

in multithreading you need to open pages in new browser and close them at the end of the thread.

in multithreading you need to open pages in new browser and close them at the end of the thread.

I open one "thread", I put "in new browser", make a big "loop" where I have to keep session alive and  the memory grows up... like this 

http://i.imgur.com/y64znBd.png