UBot Underground

[FIX] - Awesomium Blue Screen Browser Crash WORKAROUND!!!

Well this one has annoyed me forever!

We know poor old Eddie (your not really old Eddie ;) cant do much about it until awesomium has sorted thier stuff out.

Anyway, if this has annoyed you as much as it has annoyed me then your gonna love this one!

I figured out how to not suffer from them when they happen.

Awesomium can crash but if you use my nice little code below then your bot will carry on after the crash and recover from it. I have tested this out for a few weeks before writing this thread (even in production bots with hundreds of users) and my latest software has hundreds of users with not one complaint about out.

Ok Here we go.

All you have to do is 3 things to include this in any of your bots which will then allow them to recover from the crash and continue.

Now to use this you need to copy the code below into your bot.

define CheckForAwesomiumCrash {
   set(#crashtestresult, "System OK", "Global")
   set(#crashtest, "started", "Global")
   thread {
    loop while(#crashtest = "started") {
	    if($url != $nothing) {
		    then {
			    if($url != "local://base_request.html/") {
				    then {
					    set(#checkforcrashurl, $url, "Global")
				    }
			    }
		    }
	    }
	    wait(1.5)
	    if($url = "local://base_request.html/") {
		    then {
			    navigate(#checkforcrashurl, "Wait")
			    set(#crashtestresult, "crashed", "Global")
		    }
	    }
    }
   }
}

Once you have either copied the above code into your bot then if you use the Run button to make your bots start then place the next line at the very first line of your bot

CheckForAwesomiumCrash()

If you use defines and buttons then place it at the first line of each define that is called from your button in your ui which starts your software or each button that does something really.

At the end of your code (or the end of the code in your define, if your using defines) the very last line you must past this.

set(#crashtest, "finished", "Global")

What the above does in short is samples the url every 1.5 seconds (you can make this every second if you want, but i found 1.5 seconds to be good and work fine) and if it detects a crash it will navigate back to the last url it was at before the crash.

I have also put in the variable #crashtestresult which will say System OK if your software has not crashed and it changes to crashed if it crashes on the awesomium browser crash.

It runs in a separate thread so it does not effect your bots and is not a resource hog

Thats it really, i hope you enjoy it as much as i have so far ;)

If you get stuck (not that you will) or have any questions then give me a shout

Jane

• Like 6

Hi Jane, I been doing this workaround for sometime now and its working great on my bots.

The only problem with this is when the ubot browser crash pops up. The user need to manually close that in order for the bot to move on..

K

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Since the update which updated awesomium the dev team have changed it from  to somthing else.

local://base_request.html/

I have not yet had awesomium crash on me yet so i can not modify the code above until this happens.

If anyone has any code that can replicate an awesomium crash in the latest versions (not sure if it still happens or not) then please give me a shout and i will modify the above code.

The above still works in versions before the awesomium update (think that was 4.2.0 and below  but not 100% sure on the version, so please check)

• 4 months later...

Doesn't seem to work for me : /

but i have code that can replicate the crash..

Its funny cuz it does not crash on any other server i have except one.

• 1 month later...

Yea I got that one, but it will not deal with a crashed browser, unless I'm missing something.

F

I have it also, does not do anything about the crash. Id like to know what it is, if anything, is missing to make that solve the problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I will have to try this as i get this awesomium crap more often now.

Hope it works out for me !!

Thanks Bliss

Hi,

The code above wont work no more, since they did an update back in January..  you need to change the

To what ever they are using now. i think its assets  but you will have to check.  It may work then.  The code was sampling the url and if it detected the base_request window which showed when it crashed it would go back to the url it was using before the crash...it was more of a workaround (but did the trick)

Ahhhhhhhh damn.

Bliss

If you got a couple of spare minutes, it would be cool if you could come out with something new for an old musican trying to code !!!!!

I'm not asking, i'm begging hahahahaha

Next song's on me... What do you like ?

Usually i get paid for it but for you it will be free lol.

Chow

• 4 months later...

My bots where running with no problems untill some weeks ago, whats happening? I have no pay updates, so nothing has changed in my side.

Any ideas? Getting many many Browser.exe crashes ... cant get a single rountrip of my bots, they are ... useless for now.

My bots where running with no problems untill some weeks ago, whats happening? I have no pay updates, so nothing has changed in my side.

Any ideas? Getting many many Browser.exe crashes ... cant get a single rountrip of my bots, they are ... useless for now.

...unfortunately there isn't much you can do to fix it because it is caused by both the UI and internal browser. This issue is present for more than a YEAR and they have not fixed it nor i would expect it to be fixed soon.

Possible fix that may help to minimize the effect if you can clear the cookies and navigate to "about:blank" between the pages/actions. (assuming you are using browser based actions)

Try optimizing the UI by using as less statuses as possible and also clear the code by moving all scripts and CSS at the bottom of the UI.