UBot Underground

"Cannot deserialize JSON object into type 'System.Boolean' ERROR

Ok This error is driving me crazy.

I get this from time to time when trying to scrape an attribute from a page. It was working fine yesterday and not when I try to run my code again I get this "Cannot deserialize JSON object into type 'System.Boolean' error.

Does somebody knows what this is?

I googled my ass off and I can't find a clear explanation of what it is nor I can find a solution to make it go away.

Thank you. This bug has been reported and you have a bot that reproduces it that would be really helpful. We are currently aware it exists but are unable to reproduce it at the moment.

John

The problem is that it doesn't happen all the time.

Once you restart uBot it fixes. But it has happened to me quite a few times already

Also I am seeing v4.1.0 very unstable.

Drop downs on toolbox doesn't stay down. You run the bot from the code and if there is a loop like sending multiple tweets on tweets that just keep looping as long that tweet box is there then uBot crashes and it shuts itself down. That one is easy to replicate just make it do a loop while on twitter for sending tweets and see what happens after about 40 tweets. It will just crash uBot.

I have not yet tested on compiled bots to see if that happens. I really hope it doesn't cuz if it does then it will really suck for me and all my customers.

Regards,

P0s3id0n

• 3 weeks later...

This problem started to appear on Adwords Keyword tool.

For some time UBot works normal, and doesnt display that popup, but after some time ubot starts displaying it.

The only option to solve this problem is to restart ubot, but the problem will get back after a while again.

• 1 month later...

This happens to me also while working in the confines of google adwords. Specifically in my case, it occurred when trying to revise a clickable element. I have included the file to see if you can replicate.

clickable.ubot

Do you have a code that will allow support to replicate the issue?

If so please send it to support. They have being trying to replicate this bug but I guess they can't.

For some reason the code that used to make that error pop up stped doing it a good while ago for no reason so I got nothing to send them

• 1 year later...

I've also got this problem a few days ago, and I sent the bot to Eddie for debugging.

I think this is a general error and the reason for it to trigger might be different that it was back then (I think support already fixed some of similar bugs, since I haven't seen such error for a long time).

However, I was able to solve this problem by using "set user agent" before every navigate command in the bot, and it prevented browser from crashing.

• 3 weeks later...

You could try to avoid crashes by regularly re-initializing the browser, like I mentioned here:

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/14294-bot-crashing-when-scraping-a-large-number-of-pages-from-csv-file/&do=findComment&comment=79701

Else we are still waiting for fix...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I am also still getting this error. The bot works the first time, but if I try to run it again, I get the error and have to shut UBot down to clear the error. I am running 5.9.44 on a Windows 10 VM on an iMac.

Still getting this error now for some reason. The scraping worked earlier and now it just produces this error

I am also still getting this error. The bot works the first time, but if I try to run it again, I get the error and have to shut UBot down to clear the error. I am running 5.9.44 on a Windows 10 VM on an iMac.

Where are you guys seeing this error and what were you trying to do when it happened?

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased the professional version recently and came across the exact same problem, along with a load of other script error issues realting to the same problem.  After a frustrating day of closing the program and reopening it every time i wanted to run the bot, I decided on reading various forums and found that many others were having the same problem, so I set about finding a solution myself.

:)  :) I'm pleased to inform you all that I've found a work around that solves the issue.  (Very occasionally the error reocurres briefly)

The problem is 100% with the ubot software and the way it uses the browser and stores data in memory.

Message me if you want the solution.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Anybody has a fix for this?

Getting this error randomly while doing a scrape.

The bot is in a loop. works a few times and bam I get this error at the exact scrape... nothing seems to be changing on that site.

• 5 months later...

I am on a developer edition V5.9.55 and I am still getting the problem, anyone got the solution yet?

Actually I noticed that it is giving me the problem each 4 pages. I am scraping atttibute in a loop inside woocommerce the variable / simple product dropdown, but I got the same problem in past with other scraping actions.

POSSIBLE WORK AROUND for who is experiencing that problem.

I contacted the Support in order to understand what's going on. Sadly it seems that is not so easy to get to a solution because it seems some JSON issue going on behind the scene.

First they pointed out that on an URL there was the ? due to URL parameters and then a * (wildcard) in the same Scrape Attribute. Something like:

<href=w"https://www.example.com?post_di=2222*">,"href"),"Global")

? is interpreted like a wildcard too from the scrape command so this could create some confusion to the system.

I found it could be a point to check in some cases. Sadly it wasn't in my case, but the shortcut they suggest seems to be working:

SOLUTION: Create a counter with an if statement which every number of times launch the "reset broswer" command.

Please don't forget like I did that it works only with Chrome 49 ;) otherwise it gave you an error and if you are already under stress like I was... well, you can go crazy.

Thumbs up for the UbotSupport! ((Buddy in this case was the one who helped me solve the problem, thank Buddy! )