UBot Underground

How Do You All Protect Your Compiled Bots for Selling?

Hello,

I know it may seem a little bit desperate of me to start a new thread in the Discussion forum after this one I made on the support:

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/9577-please-help-i-need-licensing-activation-and-protection-of-bots-i-intend-selling/

But yes, I'm desperate!

I'm just a bit curious to know what protection, licensing and activation services you use for compiled bots you sell and distribute - Preferably affordable ones.

cheers

W.

Hello,

I know it may seem a little bit desperate of me to start a new thread in the Discussion forum after this one I made on the support:

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/9577-please-help-i-need-licensing-activation-and-protection-of-bots-i-intend-selling/

But yes, I'm desperate!

I'm just a bit curious to know what protection, licensing and activation services you use for compiled bots you sell and distribute - Preferably affordable ones.

cheers

W.

i believe that most botters are using protectgold for their security. Our good friend TJ is working on something, and I too am working on a personal solution.

I got a great securing idea from just reading some programming forums. Maybe even hiring a freelancer to program you a solution might work for you. Just a few ideas..

• Like 1

i believe that most botters are using protectgold for their security. Our good friend TJ is working on something, and I too am working on a personal solution.

I got a great securing idea from just reading some programming forums. Maybe even hiring a freelancer to program you a solution might work for you. Just a few ideas..

Hello Alchemist,

Thanks for the tip-off. I'll wait and see what comes up.

Would hv loved to use protect gold buh it's just a tad bit outta my budget.

Thanks again

W.

I thought something just logging their IP to my system, and generating some unique code for each bot, then the bot would register itself on my database with the user's IP when ever it was ran. If it was ran from more than 5-7 IP addresses, I'd contact the person and ask them why. If it was ran on something like 20, I'd just shut it down.

Is this not feasible as a solution?

I thought something just logging their IP to my system, and generating some unique code for each bot, then the bot would register itself on my database with the user's IP when ever it was ran. If it was ran from more than 5-7 IP addresses, I'd contact the person and ask them why. If it was ran on something like 20, I'd just shut it down.

Hey Ira,

That's cool but the problem we may have with just pinning licenses to IP addresses is that some pple [like myself] switch IP addresses more than 5times daily [it changes once disconnected from the internet]. A more feasible outlook would have been pinning the unique codes to computer's Mac addresses rather than IP addresses.

Just thinking...

W.

A lot of people have dynamic ip connection that changes every time they connect to the internet, and the same person will have 20 or more ips per day.

I think the best is to somehow tie the software to the computer, and allow the user to move his activation from computer to another.

itunes allows me to have my purchases on 5 computers, and allow me to transfer my activation from old computers to new ones. Just you delete the old activation from their site, and activate on new ones.

I think this is a great way to do security.

A lot of people have dynamic ip connection that changes every time they connect to the internet, and the same person will have 20 or more ips per day.

I think the best is to somehow tie the software to the computer, and allow the user to move his activation from computer to another.

itunes allows me to have my purchases on 5 computers, and allow me to transfer my activation from old computers to new ones. Just you delete the old activation from their site, and activate on new ones.

I think this is a great way to do security.

I dissagree. I am not sure how many bots are you guys selling, but I sold around 200 and I didnt have troubles to track them. If people have dynamic IP, their IP will change only if they disconect router from internet. My main point is that Protect Gold is way overpriced, if you are just starting selling bots. Of course, if you are sure that you will sell 1000 bots a day, than, no problemo.

I'd go with a simple key validation system. Bot generates a string using the transaction/license number and encodes it using MD5. Server checks its valid and sends an encoded string derived from the first string. If the the string from the sever checks out, then the bot is good to go.

You could then add a limit to the number of validations each bot could do in a day.

I'd go with a simple key validation system. Bot generates a string using the transaction/license number and encodes it using MD5. Server checks its valid and sends an encoded string derived from the first string. If the the string from the sever checks out, then the bot is good to go.

You could then add a limit to the number of validations each bot could do in a day.

+1. Just curious if you were able to try this already? Or at least on a VM?

+1. Just curious if you were able to try this already? Or at least on a VM?

Sorry, all my bots so far have been for personal use so I have not needed to protect them but I intend to release a bot shortly, at which time I will put together the above system.

The quick an dirty approach is a php script that writes to text files (stored in a location that is unreachable by a browser, typically above the public_html or www folder). No admin interface. Admin can access the and edit the text files via FTP. The code accepts transaction data from the payment system provider and updates a text file with the transaction details.

The other approach is what LoWrIdErTJ has in the works which includes a long wish list of bells and whistles. Perhaps wakins4u can get in as an early beta tester. ;)

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up. I've heard rumor that the black hat community has cracked the protect gold mechanism.

Frank

is it blackhatworld ? Anyone care to confirm this, please?

• 4 months later...