UBot Underground

Warning - Mask Useragents! Find out How and Why you should...

A useragent is a string all browsers identify themselves with as you visit a website. This useragent is how sites like Twitter, Facebook, and others are able to tell if you're a mobile device like iPhone and Android, or a normal web based browser like Opera, Chrome or IE.

Your useragent can also enable these sites to see you're using automation software depending on the footprint provided by your useragent. Becasue of this Meter has developed a great tool to manipulate the computer's memory so that uBot's Useragent could be changed!

What I've done was wrapped Meter's exe with a ubot sub to make it easer to include into all your bots. There's a bunch of pre-defined useragents and their specific sub-routines in there too =]

Considering how important it is to keep control of UserAgents I hope you can all benefit from this. I'm putting the entire library up for download.

Download The Pack Here

Instructions are included in an email

as well as a README file in the pack

Feel free to leave me your comments here or reply to the email I send ya with the link =]

-Dave

• Like 9

The Mobile Facebook within the last two days have put a complete stop to my bots. The only way around it for sure is faking the user agent. So this is already coming in handy. :D

• 2 months later...

Could someone give me a hand with this?

Ive set this up so that when the file loads it picks a random user agent out of a list of 2500 that i have compiled.

The first run it works perfectly and shows a new user agent, however on the 2nd run the program errors with:

unable to set variable

Ive attached my script, if anyone could shine some light on this i would be very gratefull

testbot.ubot

useragents.txt

I recoded your test file to do what you're looking for.. As I understand it, you want to set 5 random user agents and save the output from your test.php file right?

The only thing I need to mention is that all the user agents in your file need to be of the same length or else there's going to be issues with pulling them randomly. The useragent masker works by directly modifying the memory and can only change to a string thats of equal or less length.

Does that clear everything up?

testbot.ubot

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Get Response must be slow today. Is there any reason we can't just copy and paste the ubot code into our bots instead of using the include?

There is. Just Copy & Paste. ts been there from the beginning.

If you are doing this one node at a time and the Bot is a biggie then it will take you a while.

I typically start in my bots with one Loop with a cycle set to one. I then build my entire bot into that Loop. Now if I need to copy it to another Bot all I have to do is copy that big Loop and Paste it into the my new bot

One Copy and one Paste. I am done.

• Like 1

There is. Just Copy & Paste. ts been there from the beginning.

If you are doing this one node at a time and the Bot is a biggie then it will take you a while.

I typically start in my bots with one Loop with a cycle set to one. I then build my entire bot into that Loop. Now if I need to copy it to another Bot all I have to do is copy that big Loop and Paste it into the my new bot

One Copy and one Paste. I am done.

What I mean is the ua-init has some code before the subs are laid out. If I'm using one sub, I don't need the others.

So I can just copy the sub I need into my bot. However, this is not true if the "include" node runs the nodes in ua-init.ubot that are before the subs, see what I mean?

Also, can I delete the nav/http://uplink.advancedubot.com/pages/vars node?

Thanks again.

• 8 months later...

This would be very helpful... As it slipped my mind, I just started to create my first bot and would have to use this for it to work and for all my bot ideas to work as I am a Seo Guy. Thanks For the Great info Super Dave.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So what is the deal with user-agents now? Do we have a list? Is it smart to use so many different user-agents? Since majority of people comes from same user-agents.