UBot Underground

Finding your page in google automation possible?

I tried to modify johns bot for you.

this is a edit and will only work if on page 1 of google because i did not get page 2-12 to work in the orginal script.

it will click the last instance of your url on page 1 of google.

try it and let me know what you think

find site in serps-nuc63 edit.ubot

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sick! Thank you nuc63! I'm checking it out now :)

EDIT:

I checked it out then compiled and ran it. I tried the keyword "solar power information" knowing which site was number 1, it went to google put in the keyword, then it went to the site and showed the preview, but it did not leave the google page. Could it be my browser settings that are off or something like that?

I have tried it a few times but no click through to the site was done.

What exactly is the function to have it click the site? Once I understand this concept my bot won't have much more to go before I'm in beta stages! :)

Thanks to all who have been so helpful! I am learning ubot well and hope to give back asap with my own help!

I tried to modify johns bot for you.

this is a edit and will only work if on page 1 of google because i did not get page 2-12 to work in the orginal script.

it will click the last instance of your url on page 1 of google.

try it and let me know what you think

Edited by Imhotep

After a while of messing around I figured it was my google settings. But I edited them to turn off the google instant and it still would not click the site. It highlights the site though, so I'm trying to figure out what's wrong. I believe it might need to be double clicked or something.

choose by attribute. The innertext like my other example just shown a screenshot. my mistake I upladed a older version of the ubot file.

The next one shows a cache of outerhtml of the <li> tag. when you right click on a google link at the top line you will see <A>, or <LI> etc you will be able to edit what tag you want your bot to search for a variable in.

It shows you googles last cache of the page which could be useful this info could be scraped and recorded and also the real site clicked from here.

I will try a different way tommorow

find site in serps-nuc63 edit.ubot

It works perfect! I tried it on 2 different sites, one it went to the page exactly, and the other it went to it's cached page, that is the only thing that confused me. I really need to sit down and dissect this while taking notes. I thought I had it figured out a bit already but I need to learn more for sure. I tried to make my own using the examples so far but have been unable to get it right. I have learned a great deal and should not be too far from doing what I need! Now all I need to do is figure out how to implement proxies and reporting and I can test out my theories! Then I have to make it loop from a list! All in all I say I won't be finished until the end of Febuary but I'm surely on the right path thanks to John and Nuc!!

Though I feel it is perfect now, what other way is there Nuc? I know with coding things that there are always multiple solutions, I am open to all ways, just in case in the future I run into problems with the bot's design.

Do you mean another way to see from the tag? I see as you stated it uses outerhtml as the attribute then the search string is the url with wildcards, pure genius! I would have never realized that was the way to get what I needed! Is there a way to not show cached pages too? I would probably use the cached pages view for another bot, a bot that looks for old pages perhaps to rip old content from? Content generation is a big need in the IM business, hint hint ;)

Thanks Nuc! :)

choose by attribute. The innertext like my other example just shown a screenshot. my mistake I upladed a older version of the ubot file.

The next one shows a cache of outerhtml of the <li> tag. when you right click on a google link at the top line you will see <A>, or <LI> etc you will be able to edit what tag you want your bot to search for a variable in.

It shows you googles last cache of the page which could be useful this info could be scraped and recorded and also the real site clicked from here.

I will try a different way tommorow

nuc63...I have run this numerous times and it runs all the way through every time (all 12 pages). What is not working for you?

find site in serps.ubot

John

Interesting i tried it again today and it worked compiled and not compiled used different keywords. Next time i will record it on video if i get the same error again.

How would I go about adding the keywords as a list? Or using a text box that takes them line by line? And if I add a proxy function will it need to precede the rest of the code, or can I put it later in the code? Or would I make it another script before compile?

My real desired design function is for it to scrape for proxies then clean out the dead ones and begin to use the good ones one by one. But from looking at the threads on proxies here i think it is impossible, so at least I would like to be able to load a txt list of them for use.

As I go further and further this bot is getting more and more complex! I fear it will take me longer than I expected and many functions will need to be left out. But I'm no expert... yet. :)

How would I go about adding the keywords as a list? Or using a text box that takes them line by line?

you would be searching for one keyword at a time you could set a delimiter or have multiple input boxes

And if I add a proxy function will it need to precede the rest of the code, or can I put it later in the code?

choose proxy before running the function. you can finish the rest of your code and add proxies in when its all done.

I thought I was getting it, but seem to have messed up on getting the bot to work as I wanted, with the loop and clicking. i tried to meld examples into my own bot by copying and pasting the functions as I believed they should interact. I dunno what could have gone wrong. Could you guys point out my error?

Here is the bot I made messed test.ubot

Just when I was thinking I had it all together :(

I'm going to have to scrap the idea of putting proxies into this bot, but I am still stuck on how to loop the clicking part of the program, it's very confusing! John's bot is awesome but confuses me. I can't figure it out like I did with Nuc's bot. Are there any off site tutorials that can shed light on what I must look for, or how looping works with what I'm doing?

Thank you nuc! I did not want to take advantage at all, it wasn't necessary, you really went above and beyond and I appreciate that more than words can express. I really want to learn what I did wrong though. So I will dissect the code as best I can to see what I can learn from it. Searching for decent tutorials is actually harder than anything! I'm still looking for something that will shed light on the critical points I'm missing. But most likely this will teach just as well and for that I am most grateful! :)

Thank you nuc! I did not want to take advantage at all, it wasn't necessary, you really went above and beyond and I appreciate that more than words can express. I really want to learn what I did wrong though. So I will dissect the code as best I can to see what I can learn from it. Searching for decent tutorials is actually harder than anything! I'm still looking for something that will shed light on the critical points I'm missing. But most likely this will teach just as well and for that I am most grateful! :)

I will create a video in next few days showing you how I did it exactly, and the way i thought of idea.

Thank you Nuc! That would be most excellent! I am learning a bit from looking at code but am still unable to replicate it on my own without copy/paste huge chunks of yours, which I consider "cheating". I have been struggling with getting it to ignore the cached pages and just use the normal url's. But I am actually learning something, thank you for making something else to learn from! :)

This is pretty similar to a bot I wrote, I'd been looking at se sniper and though it would be simple enough to create a bot to do the same thing. This biggest stumbling block I found was using proxies...I could get the bot to run great on English domains...but foreign ones caused a problem... and also Google instant, that was a pain too. Glad to see you got there :)

This sounds interesting. If you would like to work together I am open to that. This project is important to me so I'm still working on it. If you want to get in contact then PM me and I'll send you my skype info or number. I don't mess around, unlike many I'm not scared of the phone :P

This is pretty similar to a bot I wrote, I'd been looking at se sniper and though it would be simple enough to create a bot to do the same thing. This biggest stumbling block I found was using proxies...I could get the bot to run great on English domains...but foreign ones caused a problem... and also Google instant, that was a pain too. Glad to see you got there :)

Anyone else have any experience with SE Sniper? If I were to make a ubot that is similar it would have to lack the features that SE Sniper has. However it seems to me that SE Sniper requires a list of proxies... and that is no good since I have returned a big fat zero on all the proxies I have used in my bot so far! it's quite the conundrum!

Anyone else have any experience with SE Sniper? If I were to make a ubot that is similar it would have to lack the features that SE Sniper has. However it seems to me that SE Sniper requires a list of proxies... and that is no good since I have returned a big fat zero on all the proxies I have used in my bot so far! it's quite the conundrum!

For google make delays randomly in your script to avoid problems.

Proxys? Someone made a script to get some search for " free proxy" in search to find the ubot

This sounds interesting. If you would like to work together I am open to that. This project is important to me so I'm still working on it. If you want to get in contact then PM me and I'll send you my skype info or number. I don't mess around, unlike many I'm not scared of the phone :P

Sure I'm up for a collaboration, Ill pm you my Skype details :)

I have this wrapped, i've written a sub which scrapes proxies on the fly and uses them with the serps clicker. No probs there. Sending you a PM now

Cheers

Rob

Oh wow nice! Finding the right proxies to use for this type of program is a real pain! now that i have a working bot the only problem left is finding and using the best proxies at the lowest cost. ;)

I have this wrapped, i've written a sub which scrapes proxies on the fly and uses them with the serps clicker. No probs there. Sending you a PM now

Cheers

Rob

Your script does not work for me rob. Maybe because they are different versions of ubot? I have the lowest one at the moment. I get the errors "click" is not unique and "check" is not unique. I compiled it but to no avail, it just halted early on in the process. The proxies never did anything. I'm looking into it but it's a bit over my head as of yet lol.

Though I am learning well! My bot is doing pretty damn good if I say so myself! It has random delays in the right place and it loops quite well, it even finds stuff up to 64 pages deep. The only problem I face now is that it clicks on the cached pages of whatever site I put in rather than the actual page.

The choose by attribute is as follows.. attribute >outerhtml then search string > it says *{1}* uses the url variable and is set to wildcards I don't fully understand it but even less do I understand why it always picks the cached page?

While I keep adding more and more to my bot, I still can't get it to click on the site itself in stead of it's cached page. I know it has something to do with how I handle the wild-cards, but I am stumped. I have been looking for a good tutorial for understanding the choose by attribute function and how to use it properly to pick anything you want or need, but I am unable to find one or get anything to work properly from trial and error. (all errors ha ha) Can anyone point me in the right direction please? This one small problem is all I have yet to conquer! B)