UBot Underground

A Must Read For People Who Only Have Dial Up

***A Must Read For All Dial UP Connections****

When I first tried to use Ubot with my dial-up connection I got very frustrated. I almost quit and asked for a refund. However, I resolved to make this work. Seth and Lily were most helpful in trying to assist me in solving the problems. After about a month of solving the problems I decided to give you the benefit of my lessons learned. The most important thing I can tell you is don’t give up. Ubot does work with dial-up, if you follow these steps.

Here are the steps you need to take to make you Ubot program work at optimal performance with a dial up connection.

1-Update all your drivers…http://www.devicedoctor.com (Free tool that will get the job done)

2-Run your registry cleaner …You can use eusing or other free cleaners out there to take care of this.

3- Sign-up for a “Free†account at Vimeo. This will allow you to download all the Ubot Tutorials. I recommend that you download all the tutorials to your computer BEFORE you purchase the product. This will allow you to be ready to go out of the gate when you purchase it, without all the frustration.

4-Vimeo does not allow you to restart downloads. I had a horrible time finding a video download manger that would work with Vimeo. Vimeo it’s self tells you to use http://vimeo.com/desktopuploader. I did not have great success with this tool. So I continued searching and finally came upon a download manager that is fast, has a built in player and just plain works. It is called Vimeo Video Downloader 3.16 and it’s free. It is available on several free sites. Just download it. Now you can upgrade to get more threads but it is not necessary. The free version works well and does the job.

5- Make sure your ISP will connect to the Ubot Server. . If you download Ubot Studio , your email is still working, but you get a TCP Error 10061 code when you try to open Ubot, the problem is with your ISP, not your firewall, antivirus software or computer. PeoplePc will not work and I really tried to get them to fix the TCP error. In the end it was easier to find another ISP. These ISP’s work: Juno, Netzero,Toast.net. and MyISP . I choose an ISP with an accelerator…Turbo USA…However, there are many out there with accelerators. Most offer a 30 Day Free Trail or a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee which will allow you to test the ISP with Ubot before subscribing.

6- Go through each tutorial with your Ubot Studio program open so that you can go through the steps one by one.

7-If you try to upgrade to the Ubot 3.1 but get an access denied the fix is very simple. You can go into you control panel and under users change you credentials to match you Ubot credentials. This should solve the problem for you.

After you done all the above you should have no problem with using Ubot studio.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't have dial-up fran, but this is an excellent post! Thank you.

John

I did find a better downloading resource it is FREE (always a plus) and the gentleman who runs it is very helpful. I found that Vimeo Video Downloader could not downlaod the Keyword Tool Video it was 120 MB the dial up connection timed out and Vimeo Does not allow you to resume downloads. I went to getgo.com and tried it. It had problems as well because it too could not resume. However, Mark was kind enough to download the video and put it on You Tube so that when the connection stopped I could restart the download.

I'm thinking that we need to put together a fund to get Fran high-speed!

I know I'm spoiled but I just can live on anything less then 5Mbps down stream, lol!

Frank

No doubt Frank! I used to do everything on a 2400 baud modem (back when that was fast! lol) 5 minute page loads were the norm.

Johnny that's the funniest thing I've thought of today! I actually just tossed out a 300 baud modem that was my 'connection to the world' wayyyyyyy back in 1995.

Too funny!

Frank

No doubt Frank! I used to do everything on a 2400 baud modem (back when that was fast! lol) 5 minute page loads were the norm.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes I only have dial up. There are some areas that this is all that is avaliable. Most cell phones do not work in this area also. Hopefully some day soon. Even though alot of aps are built for high speed internet you can work around them.

• 4 months later...

Remind me the old day with my 56k modem.... 8 hours to download a software IF the connection didn't shut down....

• 3 weeks later...

Dial up is not free....There are many rural areas that don't have high speed! There are bills in congress to try to force some internet providers to get high speed to rural areas. By the way my area just got high speed within the last 6 months. It's wonderful. But there are still a lot of rural areas that do not have it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Great post!

Not sure why ubot needs to connect to license server everytime it startup, it could just put some hardware lock or periodic check (i.e. monthly basis). This will reduce problems for those who has slow internet connections.

• Like 1