UBot Underground

Protect your compiled Bots with Protect66

I did mention this at the end of some other posts on the subject but hope its OK to post this here in its own right so people are aware.

Protect66 is a licencing/protection system for your compiled bots.

Protect66 combines some server side PHP code (don't worry the installation is explained step-by-step so even if you have no PHP experience you will be

able to install and use this, and if you're really nervous about it we can install and configure it for you.) with a MySQL database and a selection of easy to

use Subs for your Ubot.

When someone purchases a licence for your bot you fill out a simple online form (password protected) and make a licence for them. If you take payment by

Paypal or Clickbank this licence generation can be fully automated and we supply all the scripts necessary for that automation too.

The customer is given their licence details and runs the bot for the first time. On the list of 'scripts' to choose from, the last one on the list is called

"Registration", and they are instructed to select and run that the first time they run the newly installed bot. The will be asked for their name, email address

and receipt number. When the licence is activated the server database updates and stores a hardware key from the machine it was installed on.

Even if the user sends someone their licence file with a copy of the program it will not run on another computer unless it is registered to it (in which case it

ceases to work on the original machine).

To allow for the possibility that someone may want to move it to another computer the system is configured to let them re-register it one time per month

(you can change this frequency easily). We supply a simple cron job script that updates the database on a monthly (or whatever you choose) basis that

resets the reinstallations allowed flag.

Need to revoke a licence? No problem. Just take the licence entry out of the database and that copy of your bot stops working. Simple.

Whenever the licence check is run from within your bot (this is calling a sub so you can do it once or a dozen times during the execution of a single script)

a request is made to the database server to confirm the validity of the licence but it doesn't just return a static key to the bot, instead it uses an algorithm to

throw back a confirmation key that will change every single time. This makes it VERY hard for people to crack using host file cheats and the like.

You can protect an unlimited number of bots with a single licence.

Is this totally uncrackable?

I doubt it. The fact is you only have to check out the forums frequented by die-hard hackers to find them sharing ways around even the most complex licence systems, so I'd be nuts to think it could never be broken.

But what I can say is that I've combined different forms of protection and put enough in place that simple and already well documented crack methods (such as making windows hosts file look to a local page instead of the protection page on your server), and I will enhance the system if it becomes necessary and those who get this will recieve any update I do for it at no charge.

Full details are here: www.66th.net.

Andy

Andy, as you know I purchased this system and have since implemented it. I just want to say thank you for developing this, it is quite simply, awesome!

This script is easy to install and works like a charm! This is truly a goldmine for all uBot developers. Thanks again.

John

Andy, as you know I purchased this system and have since implemented it. I just want to say thank you for developing this, it is quite simply, awesome!

This script is easy to install and works like a charm! This is truly a goldmine for all uBot developers. Thanks again.

John

Thanks for your kind word John. Glad you are happy with it.

Andy

My bot is just about ready for a bigger beta group. Is this flexible enough for routine updates and distributions or is it best left to the final compile?

My bot is just about ready for a bigger beta group. Is this flexible enough for routine updates and distributions or is it best left to the final compile?

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work for routine updates, the only thing I would say is that the finshed bot looks better (in my opinion) if the 'Registration' option is the last on the list. As Ubot currently does not let us reorder scripts easily/at all then if you think you are likely to be putting more scripts in you might want to wait until the final release. Here is a screen shot of a bot I am close to releasing and you can see what I mean about it looking tidier if the Registration script is last.

post-732-1275257123616_thumb.jpg

Andy

Haha that's funny Buddy. I'm just finishing up a similar bot. Just type in Keywords, links, and anchor text, and *poof*, bot goes and generates Niche Specific blogs across dozens of hosts. Fun stuff, can't wait to start trying it out on some of my sites :)

My bot is in beta testing with 30 people right now. Not a single one of them was able to run the bot without registration (sweet!). They all loved it.

Just a tip on the script ordering issue. My bot will get additions and deletions regularly. What I do is clone the second to last script and delete the contents (and rename of course). That way the last script is always the last script. While "New Script" is added at the bottom, "Clone script" copies the clone up the list. Just my 2 cents!

John

• Like 1

My bot is in beta testing with 30 people right now. Not a single one of them was able to run the bot without registration (sweet!). They all loved it.

Just a tip on the script ordering issue. My bot will get additions and deletions regularly. What I do is clone the second to last script and delete the contents (and rename of course). That way the last script is always the last script. While "New Script" is added at the bottom, "Clone script" copies the clone up the list. Just my 2 cents!

John

Simple, effective and Excellent tip! Thanks.

Andy

Just bought this.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for your business :-)

Just email me if you need any assistance with it. And once you have it running please post some feedback here.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Just so users of this know... It isn't working with the latest ubot beta. If you want to use protect66, stick to the latest stable ubot release for now.

Thanks

Andy

Just so users of this know... It isn't working with the latest ubot beta. If you want to use protect66, stick to the latest stable ubot release for now.

Thanks

Andy

Had to tweak this to work with latest stable release (3.32, released last night). I have emailed the revision to anyone who has purchased, if you have not recieved the email please PM me.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Have re-written the paypal interface for this so its much easier and doesn't need extra sql tables. I'll be emailing those who have purchased the revised version. Originally I just hooked into someone elses IPN solution but this proved hard to support. The new paypal part is a total rewrite and has been kept SIMPLE.

The paypal solution uses the Instant Payment Notification system so completed transactions are delivered right away.

Andy

Have re-written the paypal interface for this so its much easier and doesn't need extra sql tables. I'll be emailing those who have purchased the revised version. Originally I just hooked into someone elses IPN solution but this proved hard to support. The new paypal part is a total rewrite and has been kept SIMPLE.

The paypal solution uses the Instant Payment Notification system so completed transactions are delivered right away.

Andy

Hi Andy

did you send this already did not get mine

thx pftg4

Ok guys heres my review -

i purchased the protect66 script a few days ago and already have it working on a number of bots - it was actually bought as i sold a bot and the user wanted better protection - this script has done exactly what it says and is great.

I will be attempting to integrate the hands free paypal module so that licences are created automatically -

its a good price for a nice peice of kit -

just wondering if you have sent out the paypal script update as i havnt recieved one and will be planning on trying to configure tomorrow

thanks

Hey Andy! I did not get any notifications about this newer edition and the paypal script. Do I need to buy it?

Nice review ptfg4! I myself bought a bit ago and I am almost ready to implement it.

Buddy

No! Nothing to buy. I had an email problem which I believe is fixed now and I'll sort out updates for everyone this evening.

Andy

P.S. Thanks for the review ptfg4

EDIT: All users should now have had an email. If you have not then PM me and I'll sort it.

Edited by Net66

No! Nothing to buy. I had an email problem which I believe is fixed now and I'll sort out updates for everyone this evening.

Andy

P.S. Thanks for the review ptfg4

EDIT: All users should now have had an email. If you have not then PM me and I'll sort it.

Hi - I think you meant thanks for the review Abs - no worries though - a good product deserves good reviews - by the way andy I havnt recieved the update - my gmail add is

thanks

Hi - I think you meant thanks for the review Abs - no worries though - a good product deserves good reviews - by the way andy I havnt recieved the update - my gmail add is ahmedravji{at}gmail.com

thanks

Sorry I stayed up way too late last night lol. Thank you!

You already have the latest version. You purchased just as I began sending it out. But you should have got an email with access to the protect66 members download page, I'll resend that. PM me if you don't get it.

Andy

Sorry I stayed up way too late last night lol. Thank you!

You already have the latest version. You purchased just as I began sending it out. But you should have got an email with access to the protect66 members download page, I'll resend that. PM me if you don't get it.

Andy

Hi Everyone

the reveiw was of course by Abs and not me but it prompted me to get of my ass and write one i purchased this from andy about 4 weeks ago and have had nothing but a good experence with the script and andy personaly he has held my hand through install and the new paypal IPN setup true professional and nice guy anyone out there sitting on the fence go out and get this thing you will not regret it works as it should

Thx

pftg4