UBot Underground

Bot Brainstorming - Open Discussion

Since I can lay claim to being one of the first adopters of this great tool, i'd like to have an open discussion on bot development, work flow, suggestions and brainstorming. Most of us here are automating typical internet marketing/seo/link building exercises. But my discussion goes a little deeper than that. What sort of bot(s) are you building? Obviously you don't have to share code if you don't want to, but ideas to go around are always great.

So to start, this is what i've been working on..and it's been one big PAIN in the ass :D But it's fun because it's a challenge. I've got 3 prime bots that do the following:

Register new user accounts at the following sites:

1) www.digg.com -

2) www.scribd.com -

3) www.mixx.com -

4) www.tagged.com

5) www.twitter.com -

6) www.stumbledupon.com -

7) www.technorati.com -

8) www.delicious.com -

9) www.kaboodle.com -

10) www.twine.com -

11) www.faves.com -

12) www.mister-wong.com -

13) www.folkd.com -

14) mystuff.ask.com -

15) www.wists.com =

16) www.diigo.com -

17) www.mylinkvault.com -

18) www.sitesays.com -

19) www.quickieclick.com

20) www.bookmarktracker.com

21) www.linkagogo.com

22) www.www.startaid.com

23) www.a1-webmarks.com

24) www.BibSonomy.com

25) www.ka-boom-it.com

26) www.journurl.com

and then I have another small program that was built to log into a pop3 email account and click each verification link automatically.

and then i kick off another bot which logs into the bookmark sites and create spun bookmarks (I spin the title and descriptions).

The last bot I have is a speed indexer bot which reaches out to sites like www.aboutdomain.org (there's about 30 of them i use) and submits any url that i designate in the ui. Easy Peasy

The biggest problems I'm facing are those sites that use funky javascript elements that switch up text links or code on each page so that my attribute titles or id's are different each time.

So i'm at the point i'm automating account creations and submissions. To take it to the next level, i'm going to need further development from Seth (at some point man, i know you're overloaded :D ) that incorporates other captcha providing services and cycles them depending on the success rate or if a server is down due to being "overloaded".

So what kind of bots are you guys building?

that is an incredible suite of tools you have amassed.. I hope I can find the time to do what you have done, I have been a firm believer in Senuke for my SEO efforts, and by the sounds of it you have created pretty much "it" in a nutshell...

Throw in Web2.0 sites like blogger, wordpress, etc etc and u will be golden

If you are at all interested in selling your work*s*, please PM me... I am working on automating some small scale mailing campaigns, to look as natural as possible.. Scraping, creating and mailing but not on a mass / spam level

Well, this thread isn't really about preselling anyone on bots i'm making :) that MAY come at a later time, but for now I just figured anyone who has purchased ubot was of like mind to create (whether by duplication of other products or something completely new altogether). Account making is rather easy. Automating captcha entering is easy too..but getting those services to work is a pain the ass half of the time. I've got logic now that tries 3 times to create an account with captcha solving, and if that fails, it manually lets the person go ahead and enter in the captcha.

The next bot i'm focusing on once i get my bookmarkingbot completed is a tweeterbot. Account creation, following, and so forth.

Maybe a profilebot i in the works too? So many ideas, not enough time. What are some bot ideas you guys have come up with?

Guest turbolapp

dAAAmn boy you've been busy.

I'm still fumbling threw it but here's the bots I've made so far. Most of my stuff has just been for training myself on ubot and personal crap that no one else in the world would be interested in, but if anything my accomplishments show how broad the possiblities go for Ubot  ;D

*Yellowpage scraper for urls

*Url verification (to make sure these sites were what I was looking for. That required manual input mid script to which I used the captcha input box)

*A bot to check urls for an existing website

*One to login to my ancient squirel mail account and purge the 1k+ emails I get a day that clog up that account.

*Oh this was a good one-->Scrapes google keywords and then dumps them into a keyword rank checker. This is good for researching buying established websites.

*Twitter stats updater (not for my main one, mind you, that ones all me ;) )

*email account creator

*email account forwarder

*email account password changer (for one you buy accounts off other people and want to change passwords)

I think that's about it so far.

Both Turbo and Cervant, these are very good building blocks! You know Seth is working on a library concept, where there'd be prebuilt blocks that you can include in your scripts.. Just an idea -- if you wanted to sell them or even donate them I'm sure they could serve as code to include in a "standard" library..

Just thinking out loud.

OP has some good stuff... same things I am looking to do in exactly 10 days. (when I come back to the US from Spain... too busy to start.)

I have only completed a few email sign-up bots to get used to the software, and a bot to automate a personal tracking script I have.

Interesting...what does a personal tracking script do?

So far I've seen people talk about bots to do the following:

Scraper Bots: yellow pages, google adwords, etc

Automated Account Production Bots: web 2.0, article directories, digg, etc

Automatic Posters: wordpress (and maybe joomla..one more that I'm working on)

Submitters: profile submitters

Any others you guys are tossing around?

The tracking script... in the easiest sense, takes a visitor and the referrer and depending on the country, sends it to a specific affiliate link/sub-id. (not a ubot script, but I automated what I did manually, inside the script)

I was able to automate a lot of it, but i know basically nothing with programming except for what I have learned with Ubot.

Most of the things you listed I have other "bought" programs for.

The two things I am looking forward to with Ubot are a 100+ social bot like yours and then a 50 web 2.0/wiki bot. Alot of work, but will be very well worth it.

I also use Xrumer a bit.

I like automation, I guess you could say. :)

Guest tooltrainer

Right this moment I could use a good yahoo/gmail/hotmail account creator but don't feel like building one from scratch.  I used to have such tools a year or two ago but they're all long toast by now (AAC and others).  I've been out of that world for a while but I have some emailing experiments I'd like to do in the near future that need plenty of email accounts to send from.

Alternatively, anyone know of a solid, reasonably priced commercial webmail account creator?

Jonathan

The problem with a bot email maker is the ability to deal with the sms verification. As of right now, the suppliers of gmail accounts that i've talked to are getting around it by clearing flash cookies on their computers. Until ubot has that implemented into it's toolbox, we're still at the captcha stage with email creation

Also, has anyone run into a problem with their bots moving in overdrive (so to speak?) when navigating between a bunch of sites and filling in fields? Sometimes it skips whole sections of nodes where i'm submitting info to fields. I think i'm going to troubleshoot that by putting in a bunch of delay() statements after each submission...

Also, has anyone run into a problem with their bots moving in overdrive (so to speak?) when navigating between a bunch of sites and filling in fields? Sometimes it skips whole sections of nodes where i'm submitting info to fields. I think i'm going to troubleshoot that by putting in a bunch of delay() statements after each submission...

YES! That problem I do have; I've been trying to put delays in too and it helps a little but still will zoom forward. I'm ging to try a different approach as the one I was using it on doesn't always do the click dialogue action so I think that is why it hangs or fast forwards so will just have to see, but a relief to know I'm not the only one with that problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, i believe the zoom forward effect is kicking in because of the slow response time by the webpage that it's working on. For some pages i put a delay of 20 seconds in there to just make sure.

Now, on to another topic- let's brainstorm on what we can do with scraped data from Google Trends..

You attempting to make an email verifier with ubot? Hmm..pm me if you want to brainstorm on logic, or we can do it here

Shouldn't be too difficult at all, after you know the email title, and links.

Email, login, inbox, if, search, find with wildcards, click chosen, done.... more than anything, it would just take time... not too much knowledge.

The problem with email verifing is that most of email inside sections are in framset or javascript, its impossible to find html tags or anything to grab links

Does anyone have a clue what to do about this?

I was trying to find free mail service with option to recognize chose by attribute but it seems there is no way to do this with ubot, or i am missing something?