UBot Underground

Ubot Now Only Runs In The Background

Ubotstudio 4 & 5 along with all compiled bots have begun launching as background processes and never seem to truly start. I see them in the task manager as running in the background but I cannot get into the actual software nor do the bots collect data.

This happened over night and I am not aware of any Windows Updates that occurred or even changes to my environment. However, that must be where the problem lies. I have tried a full reinstall of ubot, running as an administrator and disabling any anti-virus but nothing has worked so far. I even tried "safe-mode" and it would not launch.  Has anyone else run into this?

It started on windows 8.1

I have had the same problem but not with ubot.

The problem occoured with a windows 8.1 update and after i installed visual studio 2015.

I found a workaround to the problem,but yesterday i recompiled my software for the first time with windows 10 and visual studio 2015 and now i got the same damn problem again.

I can start my software without any problems but my users not using windows 10 can't start my software,and there is no error report.

There is a net 4.6 bug and it is still not fixed,my project is using net 4.5 but for some strange reason something with net.4.6 is added wen opening the project files and recompiling it.

To check if it is the .net 4.6 bug you can try to merge all files with ilmergergui and you will get "can't merge net 4.6" even if you are using .net 4.5 or 4 and the project is set to target net 4.5 and not 4.6.

My encryption tools also get affected by this damn bug and i can't encrypt my files,i can encrypt it but it is not starting after the encryption.

To solve this problem is a  nightmare because you got to work in the dark because there are no error reports at all,so you just got to change things and send it to users without windows 10 and see if you have found a workaround.

I have narrowed the bug down to a list i will go thru today with my beta testers.

The list i have made with possible cause of the bug is :

- Telerik

- Merger

- Encryption

- Visual studio adding something that uses net 4.6 when you open the project.

My last workaround was related to visual studio adding something that uses net 4.6 however it is not just 2015 that adds this also 2013 is adding this.

I had some old project files that was working and each time i opened them in visual studio they stopped working after recompiled the old exe files are working without a problem but as soon as i open the project files and recompile everything stopps working and will not start.

If anyone finds a workaround before i find it then please let me know.

@beatngu I would be interested in what you do to resolve this is the third time I have heard issue with .net 4.6 but nothing official yet and has put me off updating so far .

thanks

kev123

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/07/27/critical_bug_in_net_46/

Since the bug is in the JIT compiler, the workaround is not to install .NET 4.6 at all. If you install it, even applications targeting earlier versions of .NET may be impacted, since the same compiler is used. A version of .NET 4.6 ships with Windows 10. Craver claimed that Microsoft has "fixed the bug internally, but not for users," in which case, if the bug is as severe as it appears, you can expect a patch to appear soon. ®

I would not hold my breath for that fix,because i was one of the first reporting this bug 3 months ago and it's still in there.

However i think i have found a workaround but i am not 100% sure yet,have sendt the files to my testers and i will wait 2-3 days with testing before i finally can get a good night sleep again.