UBot Underground

How To Won On This Paypal Dispute Situation?

Ok, 

I have just got off the phone with Paypal after i woke up to 2 disputes, 

Dispute reason - Unauthorized payment 

now i know the buyer is a liar because i specifically made a point of emailing the "Paypal Registered" address to confirm they actually made the payment 

so i have been in contact with both buyers (for this exact reason as it happens)

I told the lady that the buyer is lying based on the fact that how can it be un-authorized if the buyer replied to my email and confirmed that is was definitely them that made the payment

The paypal support person said that Disputes and Chargebacks are decided by the buyers bank and not Paypal,

is that a fob off ?

I find it hard to believe that PP has no say in the dispute/claim decision 

Guys, someone should look into https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/digital-goods

Call and talk to them, and let the community know what they have to say.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys so a bit of an update on this issue as I know some people may be interested. In comparison to my sales I don't get a lot of disputes filed. When I do its usually unauthorized access disputes which when I called paypal about that they said theres really nothing the seller can do to prove anything. When an unauthorized accesss dispute is filed Paypal checks to see if there was any unauthorized access to their account. If not you get your money returned. So for these disputes I never respond and i'd say 75% of them get resolved in my favor in the end. 

This brings me to the bigger problem which is items not as described disputes. These really annoy me because for digital products its hard to prove. Paypals new rules protecting buyers from these disputes has made it much harder but im happy to say they are winnable. I had a user signup to my service and use it for 3 months. He then filed a not as described dispute for the few months claiming he tried the product didn't like it but forgot to cancel his membership. I refunded the 3rd payment since it had just been re-billed that day so thats no problem. The first 2 I escalated to a claim to provide evidence. Keep in mind this just happened so its after the new buyer protection on digital products. 

I wrote a response detailing how my service is a membership and whether the user uses the service or not it still requires server resources etc.. to run their account while its active and other info like how we have over 2000 happy members on recurring payments so this is not a scam or something like that which they can clearly see in my account. I also talked about our refund policy. I provided 6 screenshots of the users account dashboard, the welcome email sent to the user, the users license activation screenshot in my database, and screenshots of my refund policy posted on the signup page and TOS. After about a week Paypal decided in my favor and returned my money. 

All in all im not sure if every dispute will win, but those worried that the new policy prevents you from winning the dispute heres an example that shows you can win disputes if you provide enough decent evidence. Hope this helps!

yes, as far as I know you can't win the dispute on paypal after they added software products to buyer protection.

Yeah that happened on 1 July, but he said he has been using it for months.

So it was before the protection was added to the transaction.

I think if OP mentioned that he isn't protected then he would have won, I think the person that reviewed it thought the protection was already valid and not only after 1 july.

I use a simple approach that seems to work pretty well.

On my sales page, the guarantee clearly states that the software will do exactly what I say it will do, and it also gives a link to my support page and tos page. In those pages it covers the guarantee more fully by saying that I do not guarantee the users success, I only guarantee that the software does exactly what it is described to do, and that if the software doesn't work, the user must contact me and give me 10 days to correct/update the software.

When someone does a dispute, I tell them that paypal disputes are not the appropriate method for support and tell them to close the dispute and contact me directly for support.

It has been my experience that paypal looks to see if the vendor has clearly stated his refund policy and is actively trying to provide support to the user.

I haven't lost a dispute in at least a year. 

• Like 1