UBot Underground

Wrapping Ubot Automation Into C#

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a way to take the easy of creating automation sequences in ubot into the c# environment. It's probably not possible, but I wonder if there is a way to hook into ubot to hide and run it within a .exe built with c#?

Cheers,

Frank

Such a thing is possible, but complicated and clunky. iirc it's possible to make a Ubot plugin run uscript using ubotStudio.RunScript() in C#. So what you do is create Ubot plugin which acts as a server, and listens for commands. Then you can send commands to this server from your own C# program. The plugin can then read the commands, and execute the corresponding uscript.

-meter

Such a thing is possible, but complicated and clunky. iirc it's possible to make a Ubot plugin run uscript using ubotStudio.RunScript() in C#. So what you do is create Ubot plugin which acts as a server, and listens for commands. Then you can send commands to this server from your own C# program. The plugin can then read the commands, and execute the corresponding uscript.

-meter

Thanks for the input meter. I kind of thought that. Wouldn't it be cool if ubot had an api? Hmmm, sounds like a great custom plugin

Frank

>easy of creating automation sequences in ubot into the c# environment.

If what you refer to is taking the 'automation process' rather than actually using ubot in conjunction with your C# then there's very little that ubot does that can't be wrapped into your own C# code. Simply implement equivalent high level functions.

Of course, that's a lot of work, but I guess you could then actually parse and run the ubot scripts directly from C#. By the time you're finished you've probably cloned ubot and spent a lot of time doing that.

Of course, some of the simpler sequences could be a lot quicker to do. Depends on the details. I'd guess that a lot of the glue in ubot would be easier to do in C#

• 2 weeks later...

>easy of creating automation sequences in ubot into the c# environment.

If what you refer to is taking the 'automation process' rather than actually using ubot in conjunction with your C# then there's very little that ubot does that can't be wrapped into your own C# code. Simply implement equivalent high level functions.

Of course, that's a lot of work, but I guess you could then actually parse and run the ubot scripts directly from C#. By the time you're finished you've probably cloned ubot and spent a lot of time doing that.

Of course, some of the simpler sequences could be a lot quicker to do. Depends on the details. I'd guess that a lot of the glue in ubot would be easier to do in C#

Comes down to taking the time to learn c# and work from there, lol. I've always known enough to be highly dangerous.

F