UBot Underground

Why Am I Not Scraping Href Attribute

Here is the relevant html code:

<div class="mctitle"><a target="_blank" href="http://twicsy.com/" rel="nofollow">Celebrities That Go Braless</a></div>

The following ubot block is yielding me a blank list with 22 items (although the list count of 22 is accurate)

$Scrape_attribute

Element to Scrape: <class="mctitle">

Attribute to Scrape: href

Any ideas?

set(#links,$scrape attribute(<target="_blank">,"href"),"Global")

Ive just loaded that link on a blank html page,if the above code scrapes more than the links you need,maybe adjust to target=blank and class= etc

thanks for the response guys. 

target="_blank" does grab those links but with many others that I don't want. Adding a boolean AND condition with class="mctitle" does not give me any results

fullhref is giving me links that I don't even know where it is pulling from.

Looks like I will just have to use regex. Is there any other way around it?

Can you please share the full code? So the URL from where you try to scrape that <class="mctitle">. 

If you can share that, I'll take a look.

Dan

Problem solved, please look at my next post.

Thanks, Dan for your offer to help

Edited by webtrend

I dont know, you might try scraping the innerhtml, then look for the regular expression between the start of the href and the ending quotations.

Edited by LordFrz

^^^ What you are recommending works but it is scraping a lot more URLs than the other lists. I want all the 3 lists to be consistent so that each numbered item on a given list corresponds to the same numbered items on the other lists.

I would like to stay within that class and scrape the href attribute of the class. The html document seems to be well structured so I don't understand why this simple command is not working. 

nevermind, I figured out the solution. 

You have to use $element_child block to read the "a" tag and then choose "href" as the attribute.

like this:

add list to list(%links,$scrape attribute($element child(<class="mctitle">),"href"),"Don\'t Delete","Global")
Edited by webtrend