UBot Underground

hi,need some help

working on a scrape project and can not get the script working

my code is simple:

clear cookies
clear all data
navigate("http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g155032-Montreal_Quebec.html","Wait")
wait(1)
add list to list(%company name,$scrape attribute(<class="property_title ">,"innertext"),"Delete","Global")
add list to table as column(&restaurant,0,0,%company name)
add list to list(%company url,$scrape attribute(<class="property_title ">,"fullhref"),"Delete","Global")
loop($list total(%company url)) {
    navigate($next list item(%company url),"Wait")
    wait(1)
    add list to list(%reviews,$scrape attribute(<property="v:count">,"innertext"),"Delete","Global")
    add list to table as column(&restaurant,0,1,%reviews)
       add list to list(%rating,$scrape attribute(<class="valueCount fr part">,"innertext"),"Delete","Global")
    add list to table as column(&restaurant,0,2,%rating)
}

so,i need to add to table columns for 5 type of rating(excellent good,average,poor and terrible)

this part scrape all the 5 item but i dont know how to include them into table,each in new column

add list to list(%rating,$scrape attribute(<class="valueCount fr part">,"innertext"),"Delete","Global")

I am an ubot user for couple of weeks so please help me with this

First off, if you're formatting as a table by adding lists to columns you want to switch all the 'add list to list' functions to "Don't delete duplicates" since some of the numbers in the later columns will be duplicated across multiple restaurants

Here is the code to add each of the 5 review types to your table, each in a seperate column starting with excellent, ending at terrible

clear list(%rexcellent)
clear list(%verygood)
clear list(%raverage)
clear list(%rpoor)
clear list(%rterrible)
set(#rexcellent, $scrape attribute($element offset(<class="valueCount fr part">, 0), "innertext"), "Global")
set(#rverygood, $scrape attribute($element offset(<class="valueCount fr part">, 1), "innertext"), "Global")
set(#raverage, $scrape attribute($element offset(<class="valueCount fr part">, 2), "innertext"), "Global")
set(#rpoor, $scrape attribute($element offset(<class="valueCount fr part">, 3), "innertext"), "Global")
set(#rterrible, $scrape attribute($element offset(<class="valueCount fr part">, 4), "innertext"), "Global")
add item to list(%rexcellent, #rexcellent, "Don\'t Delete", "Global")
add item to list(%verygood, #rverygood, "Don\'t Delete", "Global")
add item to list(%raverage, #raverage, "Don\'t Delete", "Global")
add item to list(%rpoor, #rpoor, "Don\'t Delete", "Global")
add item to list(%rterrible, #rterrible, "Don\'t Delete", "Global")
add list to table as column(&restaurant, 0, 3, %rexcellent)
add list to table as column(&restaurant, 0, 4, %verygood)
add list to table as column(&restaurant, 0, 5, %raverage)
add list to table as column(&restaurant, 0, 6, %rpoor)
add list to table as column(&restaurant, 0, 7, %rterrible)
Edited by wiseguys
  • Like 1

Or you could do it this way...

clear cookies
clear all data
navigate("http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g155032-Montreal_Quebec.html","Wait")
wait(1)
add list to list(%company name,$scrape attribute(<class="property_title ">,"innertext"),"Delete","Global")
add list to table as column(&restaurant,0,0,%company name)
add list to list(%company url,$scrape attribute(<class="property_title ">,"fullhref"),"Delete","Global")
set(#RowCounter,0,"Global")
loop($list total(%company url)) {
    navigate($next list item(%company url),"Wait")
    wait(1)
    add list to list(%reviews,$scrape attribute(<property="v:count">,"innertext"),"Delete","Global")
    add list to table as column(&restaurant,0,1,%reviews)
    add list to table as row(&restaurant,#RowCounter,2,$scrape attribute(<class="valueCount fr part">,"innertext"))
    increment(#RowCounter)
}

(I guess this is what you were after)

• Like 1

First off, if you're formatting as a table by adding lists to columns you want to switch all the 'add list to list' functions to "Don't delete duplicates" since some of the numbers in the later columns will be duplicated across multiple restaurants

Here is the code to add each of the 5 review types to your table, each in a seperate column starting with excellent, ending at terrible

clear list(%rexcellent)
clear list(%verygood)
clear list(%raverage)
clear list(%rpoor)
clear list(%rterrible)
set(#rexcellent, $scrape attribute($element offset(<class="valueCount fr part">, 0), "innertext"), "Global")
set(#rverygood, $scrape attribute($element offset(<class="valueCount fr part">, 1), "innertext"), "Global")
set(#raverage, $scrape attribute($element offset(<class="valueCount fr part">, 2), "innertext"), "Global")
set(#rpoor, $scrape attribute($element offset(<class="valueCount fr part">, 3), "innertext"), "Global")
set(#rterrible, $scrape attribute($element offset(<class="valueCount fr part">, 4), "innertext"), "Global")
add item to list(%rexcellent, #rexcellent, "Don\'t Delete", "Global")
add item to list(%verygood, #rverygood, "Don\'t Delete", "Global")
add item to list(%raverage, #raverage, "Don\'t Delete", "Global")
add item to list(%rpoor, #rpoor, "Don\'t Delete", "Global")
add item to list(%rterrible, #rterrible, "Don\'t Delete", "Global")
add list to table as column(&restaurant, 0, 3, %rexcellent)
add list to table as column(&restaurant, 0, 4, %verygood)
add list to table as column(&restaurant, 0, 5, %raverage)
add list to table as column(&restaurant, 0, 6, %rpoor)
add list to table as column(&restaurant, 0, 7, %rterrible)

thanks for your help,

its i've been looking for

thanks for your help,

its i've been looking for

No problem but ilovepizza's code is a bit cleaner if you understand what's going on with it.

My example was for beginners adding lists to columns as you had already been doing successfully.

Edited by wiseguys