UBot Underground

Unable To Automate Tumblr Stuffs With Ubot ... How To Fix?

Hello,

Since a few days i am unable to automate tumblr stuffs in ubot, most of the tumblr functions are not working in ubot browser.

- Create new post is not working

- Dropdown menus in tumblr are not working

- when you type in text in search it does not shows suggestions

- when you seach a tag, no posts / blogs show up.

I Tried using different Useragents, Chrome, FF, etc.. and i still get the same error. I tired ubot4 and ubot5 and both give the same error.

I am really tired of ubot. Its really so full of bugs and flaws :( it automates 1 thing and gets stuck at 10.

Edited by Bealad00
  • Like 1

Ubot is the best thing since sliced bread, I'm sorry u are having a few problems withTumblr, but there is enough help on this forum and source code from Helloinsomnia, TJ, Gogetta, Botbuddy's 30 day Class to name a few. If you stick with it, and put your time in, things will get better. I felt like that too when I had the "Standard" version, so I upgraded. U are only as good as the tools you use, the Standard version is good, but the Dev version is Great.

-dre

@Dr Dre : Its not just tumblr. There are lots of other Things like

- when the code gets big and when i try to select some class in a webpage ubot crashes.

- for some of my bots when i loop too many times my bot gets stuck and crashes. http://bit.ly/1GX9IGa

- web automation gives lots of errors

- recently i am facing issue with captcha, it types captcha wrong in a specific pattern : http://bit.ly/1wpm6NZ

- ubot does not have resolution spoofing, this is a big flaw when using multiple accounts with ubots (when spoof traffic, use fake accs. all info is different just the browser resolution is the same so its easy to get caught)

- whenever i get stuck for example this recent tumblr error : i have to wait for a day for support to reply, and most of the answers are unsatisfactory :(

These are just my recent problems, i get a lot more bugs and errors with ubot :(

with winautomation, imacros, etc.. i hardly ever faced any issue. but they are all limited tools they dont support proxies, useragents etc so i have to stick with ubot.

Ubot has its benifits but with this many errors at some point it gets frustrating.

Anyways, for now i am just looking forward for the tumblr solution.

P.S. i don't think this tumblr issue is for "Standard" user only i think you will get the same error in Professional and Developer too as it uses the same browser, i maybe wrong.

Edited by Bealad00

When I first got Ubot, I had only 1GB also with a bunch of other stuff taking up space on my computer, and every time I turned around, ubot was crashing along with every other program I had, but when I got another computer with 4GB, the ease of operation was so smooth that it was like night and day having the extra Memory. Just food for thought. Its hard to go Corvette speed with Fiat power. and it sounds like u are a go-getter wanting to make big bots and that's cool, but u need more power.

-dre

8Gb would be better :)

Send it in as a bug report, don't go to support they can't help you

Enter one report for each action that fails

I would do it but I've been waiting 2/3 days and still no reply when I applied for  a bug report account

edit

if someone dose this please enter one for the include not working

IE: you can't reopen a bot after its save without deleting all the includes "run commands" going back to node view and the replacing them

You sure are right about that luis!

However it is not just awseomnium they keep blocking,they are also trying to block other automation frameworks.

I have pretty much automated all the sites luis are talking about and some ebay owned sites go beyond everything i have ever seen before.

Ever since they started the war against hackers (botnets) we bot builders will suffer because we are under the same category.

We also got to follow the path of a hacker to build our bots now days,i had this one site owned by ebay and they blocked all automation frameworks and i tried them all.

Each automation framework failed at one or several things so automating a site with just a automation framework was impossible.

The sites i am talking about do spend a sick amount of time and money trying to stop bots and they go way beyond normal code changes on their sites.

So how do you automate those sites?

With just one coding language i did not succeed so i ended up using javascript,java,c# and c++ 

I spend months to hack those sites and force my code on them and it was not a walk in the park.

And there is not a universal solution to this when you are done with one site you got to start over on the next site because they stop automation in a different way.

But you also got some ethics involved here,we sell bots and not hacks and as far as i know when you force your stuff on a website you are doing it illegal because you manipulate the site to take values it normaly would not take.

There are no site that is impossible to automate but how far will you go to get the job done?

For what it's worth:

I've been working on a bot that posts answers to answers.yahoo.com. They seem to dynamically change the element names in their html.

To get the code to work I have had to first scrape the element and use the scraped information like ID to formulate the next UBOT command.

It works for this application.

I don't see that as my problem I see it as Seths  headache

Read the ubot sales page

Automation makes life easier for you & your customer.

Anything you do online can be automated with UBot Studio. It will help you collect and analyze information, synchronize online accounts, upload and download data, and finish any other job that you might do in a web browser, and beyond.

Most programming languages are difficult and take months, if not years, to master. And they can cost thousands of dollars, after you get all the pieces necessary to turn out professional apps.

UBot Studio is actually fun to use.

It takes the complexity out of the process. There are no extra modules to buy or download, and thousands of our customers are proof that UBot Studio gets the job done and doesn’t require previous training in programming to do it.

zap,

I get your point zap; most product sales promotions over-hype the product.

These things we want to do with automation are valuable and many people want to do them so the companies make it hard if it is against their best interest.

The way I look at it is that if what we want to do is easy then everyone would be able to it and it would become useless.

Well Seth turned in to a caveman trying to solve all them bugs in ubot,by the time he is finished his beard will be gray and we are on the verge of dying of old age

So whats smart wait for 1 developer to try to solve problems in a software built on mostly third party things or solve them yourself?

By the time the bugs are out of ubot then there are 100 of new bugs because the sites we automate has more developers,more money and more time then Seth.

I feel your pain forking out all that money for ubot,plugins,ui and protection.

I really had a hard time myself to let ubot go because all the time and money i spend on ubot.

But look at how much time you have spend to master ubot if you had put all that time in to learning to code in a real language you would be coding like a pro now.

Ubot still has a small place in my life,you can prototype bots very fast (When you don't stumble upon bugs)

So you can use ubot to make some fast mock-ups and i also use it for some some fast scraping and text manipulation,you can feed it text and it can convert the text to code.

So.... for @Bealad00 is there no solution for using UBot with Tumblr?

What about a work around that Giganut had?  http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/17133-ubot-doesnt-show-wwwtumblrsearch-results-anymore/?p=103463

Is it something that can be shared?

Thanks!

Buddy

Try.

navigate("https://www.tumblr.com/","Wait")
wait for browser event("Everything Loaded","")
wait(2)
mouse over(<name="q">,"No")
click(<name="q">,"Left Click","No")
type text(<name="q">,"d","Standard")

post-5560-0-39294300-1418994174_thumb.png

Hi pash

Last time I looked it was not the login that was the problem

It was links and icons becoming unclick able in the blogs and the search page not rendering

Ok the answer here is simple Upgrade Awesomium Browser to latest version or at least put some other browser or the ability to work in other browser modes like Firefox i also code in Imacros and i never had issues with Firefox 

MY personal problem with this browser (Awesomium) is that it cannot load frames into new tab it just stays stuck try to automate addmefast and you will see!

But i noticed on several occasions that this browser of Ubot needs an upgrade since we all pay for some sort of updates or subscription,i think this is something they should take care of especially since this is a problem for a lot of users,or at least give users a chance to install different browser for their needs Ubot is a closed system and we need more freedom!

@itexpert We get it. 

Now, can we get some constructive help for the OP?  Any workarounds worth sharing here?

Buddy

In addition to making my UBOT commands dynamically adjusted by changing elements in the HTML,  I have had a lot of luck using the user agent - SAFARI.

It seems like the web page developers have to simplify the code for Safari.

• Like 1