UBot Underground

On one of the forums, domestic Croatian forum i see bots. Bots that are coming from all over the world. They write croatian and they posts makes so sense that you really cant tell that they are bot.

I notice they only reply to the topic post, it is like they read a topic, understand it and then post a reply. It is obvious they are bots because they have 1 post and randomly reply to a very old topics.

So i m asking here if someone knows how are they doing this? How can bot read a text, udnerstand it and then reply with some of this own thoutgh and ask questions and claim facts.

This is insane how real this bot sound, it scares me to think that it is possible to make such a bot. Because if you release it on some big forum, he could act liek real person and never be found out that it is bot.

I have made a couple of those.

However it takes a lot of time to make those,because you are applying some serious logic to them.

You can make bots that thinks by them self however there are some things that bot's can't do as good as humans and that is selecting pictures.

A bot don't see the difference between a good and a bad picture.

But everything that has with text do do is no problem to make.

It is just the amount of time that it takes to make them that sucks.

When you have a advanced one then 50k lines of code is nothing,even a simple one can easy get past 50k  lines of code.

You constant have to improve how the bot thinks and implement how you would think.

What you are doing is giving the bot a Artificial intelligence so it can think and make it's own decision based on various checks it does in it's "Brain" (the logic you give the bot)

What language did you use, i highly doubt this is possible to be done with ubot. But maybe with intergation of Word AI. Because like is aid, bot reads starting topic and udnerstands it. that is the tricky part, he really understand what is OP talking about. Then he write his own views, ask some questions and give some extra facts that are not given by OP (dont know where the hell he found this facts) and he also ask questions.

What language did you use, i highly doubt this is possible to be done with ubot. But maybe with intergation of Word AI. Because like is aid, bot reads starting topic and udnerstands it. that is the tricky part, he really understand what is OP talking about. Then he write his own views, ask some questions and give some extra facts that are not given by OP (dont know where the hell he found this facts) and he also ask questions.

Those kind of stuff is not always done by the bot itself. Very often those tools are just use to scrape and process the data. But the actual replies come from crowdsourcing services.

So yes the not will read from and reply to the forum. But he doesn't create the answers. And those crowdsourcing services can easily be automated via their APIs. 

I used amazons mturk service a couple of years ago for a similar project.

Dan

Ya it would need a library of logic for it to work, I would imagine that library to be shared and contributed to by a group of people, having different variations and such. Its the beginnings of machine intelligence. :) If the board was just strictly about say... gardening... it would be easier.

It's very hard to say how it works without seeing the post the bot actual does.

The bots i made is not possible to make in ubot and you would need to use any c language due to the huge logic,

Ubot is good for small bots but is useless for a larger bot,due to it being unstable as hell.

However there are different ways of doing it and that might be possible in ubot.

As Edward said above if the forum or post is specific in one area then you can handle it a different way.

However It is hard for me to guess and i'm not sure how hard it is to find content in Croatian,i also don't know what kind of post it makes is it answering questions?

What you can look in to is the questions and answer bots.

It reads the text and fetches the content based on the question from say yahoo answers,wikipedia etc or any other site that has a lot of questions and answers about the topic on the forum.

Also you want Croatian content so maybe look in to getting the answers in english or any other language and translate it to Croatian and check if the translation is something that makes sense.

Some translations are near perfect and some sucks big time.

Your best bet is to watch all the things the bot does on the forum and wait for it to make a mistake.(Bot's are not perfect so they make a mistake from time to time)

You have to try to reverse engineer the logic it uses by just watching it.

If it is a question and answer bot then it fetches the answers somewhere so take all posts and run them in copyscape to find the source of content it uses.

However if it translate from one language to Croatian then it will be some more work,because you have to check in copyscape in both languages.

So then you have to past the Croatian text in copyscape and if you do not find any matches then you try to translate the content to English and run it 1 more time in copyscape to see if that comes up.

Sometimes some languages translate much better then the rest and i never have played around with Croatian so i know nothing about that.

A question and answer bot works pretty much the same way as Apples Siri,you ask a question and it fetches the best answer for your question.