UBot Underground

[Wikitrain] How To Learn With The Collective Contributor

Hello to all ubotters

This is the beginning of a new training concept called [Wikitrain]. This is developed with the cloud user in mind where more experience ubot users can contribute and collaborate on the simplest and best method to learning a concept an or creating a bot script.

This method of training is being develop due to the frustration of learning outdated methods or a method have not been explain properly or  step have been left out.

If there are more than one variation to solving a problem we would like that in a separate video. So user can rate it and compare it to the others and give reps to the contributor.

User are advise to only give reps after they have gone through and successfully completing a script function. And ease of instruction. Difference variations of instruction as of some learner just want the step by step, to a detail description. We all learn differently.

Contributor can post a Wikitrain based on something that they see is a common problem Learners are having in the format provided.

Keep in mind that this will be a fast way to build up your rep and new users will see how well you know ubot function or understanding of a problem and might PM you for a project.

The best [Wikitrain] will be complied to a training area from simple to complex for the ubot community.

The learner will post their own video showing the steps and format that they are trying to learn a technique, with the title [Wikitrain] and then the description

[Wikitrain]-Set and Scrape

[Wikitrain]-Navigate and wait – links on page of website

And describe what the user is having

The contributor will watch the video and listen to the issue, and or watch the video and read the description. And provide a simple concise instructions to the problem. Without all the redirect.

Preferred method

Step one – Description of the problem to Navigate and wait

Step two – Create the UI to begin the project

Step three -

All methods and technique must include UI Design for user interface.

• All Video upload must have a size of 640 x 360
  • Prefer tools SnagIt, Jing, Camtasia Studio 8

this is just a rough idea. if you agree and believe that you can benefit from this type of training press the like button below and ask support for this to be pinned to the forum so it will not get lost in translation

• Like 1

For people that are getting their head raped around ubot it is for all levels. Some things changes in ubot with each update and codes and scripts are left out. For the more experience user they can figure it out. But for the new botter it takes a little getting used to. Some of the videos on the training sites and within ubot some struggle with the instructions because something was not covered or an update to ubot and a key ID is not visible or missing. These types of training will fill in the blank and can be incorporated to the training area that will cover a work around to an issue that the user learner cannot see.

This will only enhance the wiki and the ubot training area because students that are going through the course that are having problems with the videos can place the Wikitrain up and have an advance user to answer their questions. And most importantly it is interactive… so everyone is getting fed back

• Like 1
UBotBuddy,

I agree with you and would also recommend to those wanting training videos that they buy your package which includes 160 videos. I have learned A LOT from them.

I'm not saying that to throw cold water on the idea above; but I have created a few videos to sell my products and it seems like I spent 40 hours creating a 15 minute video that is acceptable quality to me.

Your videos follow a progression from newbie to advanced topics in small chunks that are easy to digest. $97 sounds like a lot of money but it is nothing if you go out and look at classroom training for $1,000 to $2,000 a week.

I am also enrolled in ubotbuddy and i appreciate the time and the training that is taught. and i agree with what is being said consistency with training. And I appreciate that you can also see the issues with the free training and we all agree that consistency is a key. so by having three different levels of explanation. from simple and direct, to technical and detailed, and advance users explanation it will cover all levels of users and people can choose with training explanation model will fit them with their level of learning.

All training is not perfect. and learners have different comprehension levels to the trainer. In college or an university their is more than one instructor that teaches history etc.Student get referrals form word of mouth. some take the course, and weeks into the program they drop out, because certain things they could not grasp and comprehend. Or the training material is outdated to a point and they are getting frustrated because they could not find the key to the problem that they are trying to solve. So being consistent with training i agree with but also being relevant with the training is key also.

And lets not forget.... we all start from somewhere not to take away from the experts that is successful in comprehending ubot and taking action to their success.

• 4 weeks later...

OK love the idea but WHERE should this be posted as i see no URL .Hope not in this forum as information here is dispersed widely and forum goes down frequently.Has anyone setup such a platform?