UBot Underground

Ubot 4 Tabs, Defines, and UI HTML Explain?

Hello Ubotters, 

I need a run by and make sure I understand the Tabs, Defines, and HTML UI with clarity. 

Tabs are basically a "new" sheet that uses DEFINES and Vars threw out the whole program. So, Tab 1 can have a Run Define "Scrape Page". Inside Scrape Page, it will have an account login and what not for a website. Then in Tab 2, you have the custom define of "Scrape Page" so it runs that define in tab 1 and it WILL run. Correct? 

So, what's the "Best" way for a better "Flow".

Having the defines for that tab in THAT tab(define 1 in Tab 1, etc). Or have a tab for ALL defines (Define 1, Define 2, Etc IN Tab: "All Defines"). Or have a Define in EACH it's own tab? (Tab1: "Define 1", Tab2: "Define 2", etc) 

I also use SSUB 6 atm for my HTML UI. Which leads to the other question(s). 

1. While using SSUB and having a Start/Stop HTML UI button, you'll need a custom DEFINE Start for each one correct? 
Example(S): 

Tab Account Login: Start Button (Define Login_Start)
Tab Scrape: Start Button (Define Scrape_Start)

OR:

Tab Account Login: Start Button (Define Start)
Tab Scrape: Start Button (Define Start)

2. Does the SSUB pick up the Ubot "Tabs" or when building "Tabs" inside the HTML it's it own thing and is NOT connected to the Ubot Tabs like how the define function in SSUB works? 

I'm building my first "Real" program with Ubot to sell, and working out the bugs and flow for best performance. If any other advise you have, please run it by me rather on this thread or PM. I want to have my first program be that close to a professional Ubot program rather then a beginner Ubot program. 

Best Regards, 
HaHaItsJake

Once Im finished with a custom define, I usually remove it from the script all together. I just  copy it into a text document, rename it as a .dll then call it when i need it. The smaller you can keep your bot the better it will run.

Once Im finished with a custom define, I usually remove it from the script all together. I just  copy it into a text document, rename it as a .dll then call it when i need it. The smaller you can keep your bot the better it will run.

I never thought about that. Do you use the ubot 5 installer compile to put the custom .dll file on the users computer?  How do you protect the .dll files from being read so no one takes the coding and recreates it? 

Best Regards, 

HaHaItsJake

No just compile it and place the dlls in the same folder as the app. There are a few custom installers out there, I dont use the one in ubot 5. There is a plugin here that will obfuscate the files. As well there is ubot locker which is a mainstay around here. :)

Peace

No just compile it and place the dlls in the same folder as the app. There are a few custom installers out there, I dont use the one in ubot 5. There is a plugin here that will obfuscate the files. As well there is ubot locker which is a mainstay around here. :)

Peace

Hey There Edward,

I've been using Ubot Locker since its launch, but it won't touch the dll files as far as I know, so how exactly do you protect them (I don't want any part of my source code leaked)? I would love to try this dll method since most of my serious bots are above 10 thousand lines of code, but how exactly would I go about it after exporting the defines to dlls (so they won't simply be able to rename back to txt and get the code)?

Thanks,

Marton

Peace

Awesome, I will search around the forums for the installer. I was planning on getting UbotLocker once my beta testing is ready for beta testers. For the .dll files, how are they runed by Ubot? Is it the $read file command or how to do that? 

Hey There Edward,

I've been using Ubot Locker since its launch, but it won't touch the dll files as far as I know, so how exactly do you protect them (I don't want any part of my source code leaked)? I would love to try this dll method since most of my serious bots are above 10 thousand lines of code, but how exactly would I go about it after exporting the defines to dlls (so they won't simply be able to rename back to txt and get the code)?

Thanks,

Marton

That's what I am wondering too. Don't want my code I spent the last 2 weeks going to get jacked and recreated and marketed at a lower cost. DX

Regards, 

HaHaItsJake

Just encrypt the files. Decrypt them once imported into ubot. Then dump them out of memory when your finished with them :)

Hey Edward!

Thanks for getting back to us! Would you be so kind as to show a simple example on how exactly you encrypt/decrypt it, and how you call it in UBot, and then dump out of memory? I think many of us would highly appreciate a short tutorial (or example) if you have a sec. Thanks for considering it.

Kindest Regards,

Marton

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Edward!

Thanks for getting back to us! Would you be so kind as to show a simple example on how exactly you encrypt/decrypt it, and how you call it in UBot, and then dump out of memory? I think many of us would highly appreciate a short tutorial (or example) if you have a sec. Thanks for considering it.

Kindest Regards,

Marton

Also interested

There is a command in Ubot to encrypt/decrypt text. You would remove it from mem by just clearing the variable. :)

Peace

Simply using "$read file" could be a better option, that way it doesn't get added to a variable at all (especially if you plan to dump it from memory after usage).

By the way, the concept of importing dlls doesn't necessarily speed up your bot (maybe in the editor it does, but not when the bot is compiled), "The smaller you can keep your bot the better it will run" is not always true, calling the dlls uses up a lot of resources as well, especially if they are encrypted (and it's not the actual source code of the bot that makes it big), and running the script using the Advanced Ubot plugin's "run ubot code" command doesn't make it faster (or use less memory) compared to if it was simply in the source code (again, I'm talking about a compiled bot here).

This is not a new idea by the way.

It can also be done with the "TinyMCE Integration" free plugin, you can read a bit more on this topic here:

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/14197-howtorun-external-scripts/

(again, this could use less resources if you didn't even declare a variable, but simply used $read file in the "run ubot code" command)

BUT, as I mentioned, this was not designed to make your code run faster or use less resources (when compiled!), it's only a gimmick for organizing your code and/or to add another layer of security if you encrypt the external files. Personally, I would rather suggest using Ubot Locker for max protection.

All links to TMCE are dead.

Here you go. An older (but smaller) version:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fa5v221l13dwza3/Open.Framework.dll

And a newer (but larger) version (1.61MB!!):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8yms7d3oyjbddq3/Open.Framework_new.dll

• 4 weeks later...

Again this post is inspiring to enrich my coding experience with Ubot! I never thought that it is possible to save codes to text and name it dll then call it once needed? How to do that? I meant to call it to ubot

The latest version now has "include" command. But, -as with any other method that uses calling a script from outside sources- it slows down the bot a little, I wouldn't recommend it unless your code is so big Ubot Studio becomes unresponsive while working on your code (there is not much point using it in a compiled bot at the moment).