UBot Underground

If an SMTP connection fails...

I currently have a bot which sends emails via Yahoo SMTP connection.

Occasionally the Yahoo accounts get blocked and the bot then can't get a mail connection and can't send. If I run this as a compiled bot it just stops dead. If I run it from within Ubot then I have to babysit and keep pressing "Continue" until all mails are sent.

Does anyone know of a way I can get the bot to just say "OK, skip to the next account" if the send fails? Running the accounts through a cleaning process beforehand is ideal but I have over 5k so it really takes a long time, and by the time I finish, more accounts might be blocked :-\

littleoverweb,

I spent quite a bit of time writing BOTs that tried to use SMTP. Since there is no "ON ERROR" clause in UBOT i gave up on SMTP BOTs to email and wrote a BOT that sends emails like a human. My BOT now consistently sends 500 emails each day with little or no intervention on my part.

Below is what I wrote to another BOTTER with similar SMTP problems:

I was having quite a few problems with email functions too. I think some may have been UBOT Studio problems but there were several problems with ISPs blocking in various ways.

What I did was to take a different approach and one where I can watch what is going on.

I set up an account with GoDaddy that can have 500 email accounts. GoDaddy support states they do not block outbound emails.

Next I wrote a BOT to create 500 accounts and forwards any messages to the 500 accounts to 1 of the accounts.

Next I wrote a browser based BOT that sends emails using CPANEL's web mail function.

I made my mailer BOT create unique emails and to operate the web mail program like a human with lots of random delays built in. (one email takes about 86 seconds to send on average).

This has worked very well for me because I can watch it run on a spare computer and can see if I am getting return emails due to blocks.

I send about 500 emails over a 12 hour period each day and have had good luck staying "under the radar".

By the way, I have done this with 2 GoDaddy accounts and they have blocked both after about the first 1 or 2 days.

When I contact them they say that they don't block outbound emails and I give them the proof that they do .

Once I give them the proof they escalate the issue and the block is then removed.

littleoverweb,

I spent quite a bit of time writing BOTs that tried to use SMTP. Since there is no "ON ERROR" clause in UBOT i gave up on SMTP BOTs to email and wrote a BOT that sends emails like a human. My BOT now consistently sends 500 emails each day with little or no intervention on my part.

Same here, I don't think UBot email commands are enough to build any decent, email related automation software around them. I already had to reject a project because of that, since I just can't guarantee that it will work, since we have no way to track success/errors.

Yes, my mail volume is low and I probably wouldn't use my system to do more than about 2,000 emails per day per machine. I'm working very hard to stay under the radar of the spam filters/blacklist software.

It's too bad that so many times when you want to do something significant with UBOT you have to buy a pluggin to get the functionality you would expect from UBOT. I hope version 5.5 improves that situation.