UBot Underground

Hey Guy's & Gal's,

I would like to introduce you to OUR new toy.

Browser Monitor

"You can't manage what you can't measure!"

My buddy Albert Einstein said that!!

With Browser Monitor you can measure:

• Memory usage over time
  • Status over time ie Running, Not Responding and Unknown
  • Every PID created by your bot(s)

So, pretty much you can go to Task Manager and see all the Browser.exe's and PID's (Process ID). What you can't see is which ones belong to which bot. So if you do know how to free memory or kill an Browser.exe crash or looming crash you would have no idea which one to kill and be breaking stuff.

Every bot including UBS, creates many PID's most if not all are Browser.exe's. In a compiled bot you have the UI and Main Browser where the UI (Browser) is the Parent and Main Browser is the child. Then there are Grand Children too!!! yes, I was surprised as well. Can you guess what they do?

Then of course you have threading and it's spawned PID's....yes you can measure/manage these too

You can log all this over time and make triggers to handle abusive Browsers and kill that exact Browser and not worry about killing the wrong one. These PID's are all from the Parent and no other Bot.

So, you can either have this inside your bot to manage 1 or you can make a stand alone bot to manage several at once.

In addition you can do an analysis of your bot for performance and make it better where it is a memory hog or whatever you might discover.

I plan on making a plugin for this ....so, any Developer wanting to help me along the way that would speed this process up, I have been working on this on and off for a while and I just got really busy so I decided to let you guys have this early. We have suffered from the Browser issue too long and I look forward to the path of further development from the Ubot community.

There are many functions, all have an alert to show example. Remember to set the variable so the alerts know where to get PID from. It is the first node in the Functions Tab and is different from  example bot in the first tab.

The example bot is very basic and just intended to show a use case. You can start one of you bots and then hit run and it will pop a list box that will show a list of running exe's choose your bot and don't forget to set refresh rate in UI first.

This code has not been thoroughly tested and may contain bugs plus it is unfinished!! hence "Open Source", early release as I have many other projects to attend to.

On the other hand it is very useable as you will see in example bot.

Please do let me know if you find any bugs.

Here is the link to down load current version released on

** edit  --- I uploaded the .ubot file instead of old link

Contributors will be credited here and in the source.

Just post your contribution and I will add to main source with comment with credits to you. Please PM code or thread post URL (just right click on post number and copy link location) I will review and normalize it to the standard I have set.

Plugins used: (all free)

Advanced Shell.dll
DateTime Manipulation.dll
File Management.dll
StringManagementPlugin.dll

I am available to make custom bots and code refactoring.

Yes, of course I do except donations.

Enjoy and Happy Browsing!!!!!!!

CD(TC)

9-13-2014-Browser_Monitor-v1.ubot

• Like 6

Thanks for the great software! :) This will definitely be very helpful for identifying problem areas that have been elusive in the past.

I'm in on this project, I can only see good things coming from this for the Ubot community.