UBot Underground

checking file size

Hi There,

is there a way to check the size of a file?

Is it possible to check a whole directory size too? 

My bots working for many hours and sometimes one bot get stuck. My Goal is to get a bot wich checks the files if the size has changed. 

Maybe there is a Plugin for it? 

Thanks in advance

CTSchmidt,

You can use the Advanced Shell free plugin to run a shell command and bring the results into UBOT.

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13798-free-plugin-advanced-shell/?hl=advanced%20shell

Here are the lines of code from my example bot:

set(#FileSize$plugin function("Advanced Shell.dll""$shell batch hidden""echo off

for %I in (C:\\Windows\\System32\\notepad.exe) do echo.Size of \"%I\" is %~zI bytes"), "Global")

set(#FileSizes$plugin function("Advanced Shell.dll""$shell batch hidden""echo off

for %I in (C:\\Windows\\System32\\*.exe) do echo.Size of \"%I\" is %~zI bytes"), "Global")

post-15896-0-20112500-1410289945_thumb.jpg

Andy

• Like 1

Thanks arunner26 for the example; I just wanted to point him to this URL: http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/14499-solved-get-the-size-of-a-file-in-bytes-mbkb/

I've only needed to get file size before we had plugins, so I can't believe there is still no such function (none of the plugins having word "file" in their name also don't have them)... I think this one is calling for a free plugin. :)

UBotDev,

You are welcome. It looked like a handy piece of code to have so I wrote the example and remembered that you have the ability to hide the pop up window which is great. Thanks for that!

Arunner26

There is already a plugin to get file information (not just size). It's called File/Folder addons (by BotGuru.net), however I bought so many plugins that I don't know whether this one was free or not, so I'm not sure I'm allowed to attach it. I'll ask TJ.

set(#file_size$plugin function("FileFolderCommands.dll""$get file info""C:\\test.txt""Total Size"), "Global")

Kindest Regards,

Marton

Marton thanks for mentioning it, I forgot about that one...I also thought that I saw it somewhere, but couldn't find it through Google search.

Here is the URL for plugin that Marton mentions: http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13446-sell-plugin-file-folder-manipulation-commands/

• Like 2
  • 2 years later...

Any way to make this work in Ubot 5.9.44 ?

I assume the free advanced command plugin no longer works, the result is the set variable equals just what I type in for the cmd line to be executed.

The issue might be more in the CMD line in Windows 8+

set(#FileSize$plugin function("Advanced Shell.dll""$shell batch hidden""for %I in (C:\\Windows\\System32\\notepad.exe) do @echo.Size of \"%I\" is %~zI bytes"), "Global")

​That works, the example given above by arunner26 did not. Had to remove the first "echo off" and add @ to the second echo.

Personally I removed all the text too as I wanted the result to be an integer I could use in my own way, so mine looks like:

set(#FileSize,$plugin function("Advanced Shell.dll""$shell batch hidden""for %I in ({#CSVfilename}) do @echo.%~zI"),"Global")