UBot Underground

Tones Of Browser Crash Reports

Hello everyone, I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I have been getting floods of browser crash report problems over the last couple of weeks. I'm a bit use to this happing and usually it's a user on windows XP or running on parallels or VMware vbox'es. But the last couple of weeks I have been getting reports from users that have windows 7, windows 8 and so on, that are all having this problem. This is happing across all my bots with large user bases. It's like all the sudden ubot 4 complied bots are saying they no longer want to run on windows, lol

I'm not sure if this is related to a plug-in conflict, .net update or what the problem could be. Are any of you getting more reports than normal about the browser.exe crashes? I have went through all the codes and updated all the plug ins just to make sure with no avail. Any feed back would be great.

• Like 1

I'm not using ubotstudio anymore because of this browser.exe crashes (awesomium). On XP both x32 and x64 the browser crash like crazy from the loading ubotstudio or compiled bots. I have talking with support almost 2 weeks about this problem...but it seems there are no solutions. I have uninstalled and installed ubotstudio,.net framework,all plugins,but nothing stopped this crashes unfortunately and I was surprised how so few peoples complained about this problems. The ultimate solution received from support was to use a PC with other operating system: Windows 7 or 8 ,but seeing now this problems...

Ok the browser problems with awesomium were there from the beginning but now, ubotstudio (without httppost or other things which not require a browser) is useless on Windows XP (at least) !

Hello everyone, I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I have been getting floods of browser crash report problems over the last couple of weeks. I'm a bit use to this happing and usually it's a user on windows XP or running on parallels or VMware vbox'es. But the last couple of weeks I have been getting reports from users that have windows 7, windows 8 and so on, that are all having this problem. This is happing across all my bots with large user bases. It's like all the sudden ubot 4 complied bots are saying they no longer want to run on windows, lol

I'm not sure if this is related to a plug-in conflict, .net update or what the problem could be. Are any of you getting more reports than normal about the browser.exe crashes? I have went through all the codes and updated all the plug ins just to make sure with no avail. Any feed back would be great.

is this the issue where it instantly crashes on load.

is this the issue where it instantly crashes on load.

Yes in some cases, and just after the bot has only been running for a moment.

I'm not using ubotstudio anymore because of this browser.exe crashes (awesomium). On XP both x32 and x64 the browser crash like crazy from the loading ubotstudio or compiled bots. I have talking with support almost 2 weeks about this problem...but it seems there are no solutions. I have uninstalled and installed ubotstudio,.net framework,all plugins,but nothing stopped this crashes unfortunately and I was surprised how so few peoples complained about this problems. The ultimate solution received from support was to use a PC with other operating system: Windows 7 or 8 ,but seeing now this problems...

Ok the browser problems with awesomium were there from the beginning but now, ubotstudio (without httppost or other things which not require a browser) is useless on Windows XP (at least) !

Looks like the problem is growing past just windows XP, and with v 5 not being stable enough for mass distribution.

I really hope that it's just a conflict that I'm missing, and not that awesomium in v 4 is getting to outdated.

Looks like the problem is growing past just windows XP, and with v 5 not being stable enough for mass distribution my company's fate hangs in the balance now, so far as I can see.

hope they come up with a fix and implement it on u4 and u5. old bots in u4 shouldn't just stop working.

• Like 1

hope they come up with a fix and implement it on u4 and u5. old bots in u4 shouldn't just stop working.

I really hope so too! I'm starting to take Huge losses, with refunds request and my reputation is starting to take a hit also.

I do my own reputation management and it's really starting to become a big problem for me personally.

• Like 1

Man this is so strang! so today and yesterday all I'm doing is starting ubot and logging into the site, I starting to work on the bot and the bot is not running or anything. I was just looking at the code and bam! "Browser.exe has stopped working" on my windows 7 development machine. How is this even possible??? The browser is now crashing without the browser running or ubot bot running the code.

remember that your UI is a browser too

in UBS there are 3 running, in bot there are 2 then when you run bots some more...even child browsers spawn more browsers

if you have a ton of stuff in your UI your bot will crash, especially with lots of stats and things that are dynamic like that

try spreading them over tabs or even better separate bot(s) all to gether

I know that's not ideal but it will be if it works for your case

have a master bot with stats and controls the slaves that run like services in the background

where they are light weight and more easily managed

TC

• Like 2

Man this is so strang! so today and yesterday all I'm doing is starting ubot and logging into the site, I starting to work on the bot and the bot is not running or anything. I was just looking at the code and bam! "Browser.exe has stopped working" on my windows 7 development machine. How is this even possible??? The browser is now crashing without the browser running or ubot bot running the code.

i think this is the issue a lot of people are talking about where it crashes as soon as the bot is opened

• Like 1

i think this is the issue a lot of people are talking about where it crashes as soon as the bot is opened

Are these people ubot users? if so are they on the forum, and can you point me to them so I can talk with them? or are they clients?

Are these people ubot users? if so are they on the forum, and can you point me to them so I can talk with them? or are they clients?

There has been a lot said about that on this forum, just ask google: https://www.google.com/#q=browser%2Bcrash+site:ubotstudio.com%2Fforum

I was finally able to get the browser crash problem to stop. Below are the steps I took to make the browser

crashes stop. Ill start by saying that I had .Net Framework 4.5.1 installed on a 64bit windows 7 computer.

(1.) I uninstalled .Net Framework 4.5.1 and disabled automatic updates (Preventing the OS from downloading a new version of .Net Framework 4.5.1) then restarted the computer.

(2.) I uninstalled ubot v 4 completely and removed the folder that was in the AppData folder (and complied bots) and restarted the computer.

(3.) I ran cclearer's regular cleaner to remove any junk from the computer.

(4.) I ran cclearer's registry cleaner to remove anything left over from the ubot instillation and the .Net Framework 4.5.1 instillation. (At your own risk) and restarted the computer.

(5.) I installed .Net Framework 4.0 instead of .Net Framework 4.5.1 then restarted the computer.

(6.) I installed ubot v 4 then restarted the computer and began testing.

After the steps above where complete, I never saw the browser crash again in over 12 hours of testing during the day.

I believe that there is a problem with either ubot v 4 and .Net Framework 4.5.1 or .Net Framework 4.5.1 and the version of Awesomium that is installed

in ubot v 4, but at this point I have no proof of this, so I could be wrong.

If you do step 4 then be sure to back up the registy before cleaning it! the only reson I did this was beacuse I know how to fix it if there is a problem. (At your own risk)

http://wiki.ubotstudio.com/wiki/Plugin_Development (This is why I chose .Net Framework 4.0)

Hope this helps someone.

• Like 1

I was finally able to get the browser crash problem to stop. Below are the steps I took to make the browser

crashes stop. Ill start by saying that I had .Net Framework 4.5.1 installed on a 64bit windows 7 computer.

(1.) I uninstalled .Net Framework 4.5.1 and disabled automatic updates (Preventing the OS from downloading a new version of .Net Framework 4.5.1) then restarted the computer.

(2.) I uninstalled ubot v 4 completely and removed the folder that was in the AppData folder (and complied bots) and restarted the computer.

(3.) I ran cclearer's regular cleaner to remove any junk from the computer.

(4.) I ran cclearer's registry cleaner to remove anything left over from the ubot instillation and the .Net Framework 4.5.1 instillation. (At your own risk) and restarted the computer.

(5.) I installed .Net Framework 4.0 instead of .Net Framework 4.5.1 then restarted the computer.

(6.) I installed ubot v 4 then restarted the computer and began testing.

After the steps above where complete, I never saw the browser crash again in over 12 hours of testing during the day.

I believe that there is a problem with either ubot v 4 and .Net Framework 4.5.1 or .Net Framework 4.5.1 and the version of Awesomium that is installed

in ubot v 4, but at this point I have no proof of this, so I could be wrong.

If you do step 4 then be sure to back up the registy before cleaning it! the only reson I did this was beacuse I know how to fix it if there is a problem. (At your own risk)

http://wiki.ubotstudio.com/wiki/Plugin_Development (This is why I chose .Net Framework 4.0)

Hope this helps someone.

Not bad, too bad some of the plugins need .NET 4.5.1 :S

Not bad, too bad some of the plugins need .NET 4.5.1 :S

As of right now, I'm using plug-ins in the bot that require .NET 4.5.1 but I'm not

having any problem, and the plug-ins seem to be functioning correctly with just

the .NET 4.0 installed.

As of right now, I'm using plug-ins in the bot that require .NET 4.5.1 but I'm not

having any problem, and the plug-ins seem to be functioning correctly with just

the .NET 4.0 installed.

Some of Pash's plugins (and maybe some others as well) do require .NET 4.5, or else each user gets notified of "unreviewed plugin". Upgrading .NET 4.0 to 4.5 solves this problem.

• Like 1

Some of Pash's plugins (and maybe some others as well) do require .NET 4.5, or else each user gets notified of "unreviewed plugin". Upgrading .NET 4.0 to 4.5 solves this problem.

Later today, I'm going to update .NET 4.0 to .NET 4.5 and see if the browser starts to crash again.

I hope that it's just a problem with .NET 4.5.1 and not  .NET 4.5 I think that it should be fine with just

.NET 4.5 because I never had a problem with just .NET 4.5 before.

I also had a few clients that where having trouble with the bots opening all the way with .NET 4.5.1.

and removing .NET 4.5.1 and installing just .NET 4.5 fixed the problem for them.

Later today, I'm going to update .NET 4.0 to .NET 4.5 and see if the browser starts to crash again.

I hope that it's just a problem with .NET 4.5.1 and not  .NET 4.5 I think that it should be fine with just

.NET 4.5 because I never had a problem with just .NET 4.5 before.

I also had a few clients that where having trouble with the bots opening all the way with .NET 4.5.1.

and removing .NET 4.5.1 and installing just .NET 4.5 fixed the problem for them.

I'm interested in the results too. I don't remember which Pash plugin(s) say "unreviewed plugin", but I know that I had to notify all my customers to upgrade to .NET 4.5, and unfortunately that means that Windows XP users needed to upgrade their Windows version :S

I'm not sure though whether those plugins need 4.5.1 or 4.5 would be good enough.

I'm interested in the results too. I don't remember which Pash plugin(s) say "unreviewed plugin", but I know that I had to notify all my customers to upgrade to .NET 4.5, and unfortunately that means that Windows XP users needed to upgrade their Windows version :S

I'm not sure though whether those plugins need 4.5.1 or 4.5 would be good enough.

I will defiantly post my findings, I was getting the "unreviewed plugin" massage on a couple of clients computers and it said that is was the "Advanced Dialog.dll" plugin

• Like 1

I will defiantly post my findings, I was getting the "unreviewed plugin" massage on a couple of clients computers and it said that is was the "Advanced Dialog.dll" plugin

Gun to my head, that's the one I would have said myself. I think you're correct. Thanks for researching all this, I'll be checking this thread.

Gun to my head, that's the one I would have said myself. I think you're correct. Thanks for researching all this, I'll be checking this thread.

just a update, I updated to .net framework 4.5 and everything is still working. I'm updating to .net framework 4.5.1 and testing now.

If that goes well I will apply any updates to .net framework 4.5.1 and see what happens.

Update: I updated to .net framework 4.5.1 and everything went well with no crashes. I alowed the computer to update .net framework 4.5.1 and I'm running tests now.

• Like 1

I didn't notice any crash, i am using v4.2.20 (not subscribe to update). may be a higher version is the issue?

i also have u5 installed, using datagrid, sqlite, http post, advance system, advance dialog plugins.

Most of my bot are http based scraper, and i got an answer from support said, it might be a certain website causing the issue.

you guys should list out what type of sites your bot starting to see the crash.

after reading a lot of reports, i think here are a few possibilities:

1. ubot version
2. many of you are automating a popular website and they make some changes lately (javascript), so you notice the crash.
3. plugin issue (if the plugin have some code referring the cloud base API)

4. awesomemium version

5. an antivirus software that using by many, the recent antivirus update blocked awemenium.

i found this on a forum:
"It's entirely possible there's an anti-virus program or firewall blocking traffic from Awesomium, causing it to crash."

.Net 4.5
win 7 32 & 64

avast antivirus free

• 3 months later...

I am !!! - Particularly Server 2012 R2. (Could be lower memory though)

A few on Win8 and none really on Win7

I'm looking for a solution too !!!

• Like 1

I am !!! - Particularly Server 2012 R2. (Could be lower memory though)

A few on Win8 and none really on Win7

I'm looking for a solution too !!!

Unfortunately there is no 100% fixes for the browser crash, I spent many many days trying to find one, with no real solution. Until seth and his team take the time to find and fix the problem, there is really nothing you can do that will make any difference. This is not something that can be fixed through ubot code, it's a bug in the the Ubot parent application that they are refusing to recognize and fix. Your best bet would be to just move on and don't waste your time. You can start to use aymen's HTTP plugin so you can bypass the browser, thats about all you can do.

• Like 1