UBot Underground

Tips for selling more bots

I have seen many sites selling Ubot bots and so I thought I would just outline some tips on what to do or not to do. This is really just scratching the surface and if you guys want I'll write some more about selling stuff.

1. Show the product

This is probably the biggest mistake I see. You go through all of the work of making a new product and then you just write a sales page for it or you just show a screen shot or two. When I go to a sales page these days I always skip through or skip entirely the actual sales video - I just want to see how the product works. I'm not the only one.

Make a video showing what your product does and watch your conversion rate go up :D

2. One Page - One Action 

Have you seen my website?! It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I even updated the menu on the sidebar so that you can see all the products actually listed. One of the mistakes I see people making is sending a mixed message or worse - selling ads on their website. If you want to make Adsense money then go make an Adsense website. If you give your products away for free then I understand but if you're trying to sell them then don't give your visitors a reason to leave.

When I say one page one action I mean you need to make your pages almost like a squeeze page. Do you know why squeeze pages convert so high? Because you are only giving the visitor one option - you can either opt in or you can leave. Period. The same goes for your product pages. Don't try to give people 5 different options, make it very clear what you want them to do.

3. Social Buttons

I don't use them when I am trying to sell stuff and I think that you should consider not using them as well. If anything you're just reminding somebody that Facebook and Twitter exist and that's enough for some people to leave your site. It's not likely that they will share a sales page for your directory submitter because their friends think it is cool.

There is of course one exception to this. If you make a Twitter bot then it might be a good idea to test and see if adding a Twitter button brings in more/better traffic because it is actually relevant in that case.

4. Buy Buttons

Don't make the user scroll until the end of time to see a buy button. Especially if you have a video, then it's best if you have a buy button right below it or next to it. Ideally you would keep the first buy button above the fold. If you do have a buy button up top make sure you also have one at the bottom. Somebody who reads your entire sales letter is likely to be a hot prospect so don't let them think that you have a good product and leave make sure there is a buy button down there!

5. Content

I'm actually not going to go into this too much here. Basically just make sure that if you do not speak English well please get somebody to edit your page. Even if it's just an editor on Fiverr go spend $5-10 to make sure people don't leave because of bad grammar.

====================================================

That's all for now, if you have any questions regarding this stuff or even other aspects of selling feel free to ask :D

And if you have more tips feel free to add them below!

• Like 3

Another tip , make sure you have nice graphics , nice and catchy headlines , people do like shiny things :)

I think it depends on the audience, I go both ways on this one. Even when everybody else has flashy stuff sometimes you got to mix it up like netmoney did here:

http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/seo-link-building/675224-pr6-da80-im-search-engine-optimization-ppc-social-media-affiliate-marketing-blogging-infographics-niche-links.html

• Like 1

cover your eyes all you want. Every industry uses them from magazines, to formula 1 to top games companies. Plus you got a pretty good set if thats you in the toothpaste cum gif. :)

Insom, how many buyers are happy with ubot created programs? i have 2 possible packages that i want to build in the future, as i won't be going near those niches, and i know from research there is no package that will do what i will build for the users, if i get say 100 orders, how many should i expect will give me hassle/want refunds/ upgrade to improved version

& Luis, you probably don't read many of my useful posts, there are plenty, you just remember the rude ones easier :)

• Like 1

Nick,

Ok. I am just about to read your original post but can't contain myself from making this post first!

Why don't you make us Ubotees an offer to use your sales expertise to sell our bots for us ? Like work as an affiliate for us ?

That brings me to the question:

Any Ubotters out here have a large or atleast a fair number of customer base and don't mind advertising other fellow Ubotters bots in return for commissions on sales ?

Oooff! If only I could get 10k number of sales from other Ubotters (100 Ubotters sell 100 copies each min) and bring me $10 minimum profit per bot then that's $100k profits for me to spend soon.

Why don't we Ubotees group up like this to sell each others' bots to our mailing lists or existing customer bases ?

I've talked to others here with lists and there is some cross promotion but not a lot you are right about that. It's one thing to sell your own product but another thing entirely to sell somebody else's. It's not just you the affiliate who needs protection either but the seller does as well.  

1. Show the product

Instead of showing on video, I'm building trial versions that will either expire after a certain number of sessions or dates. The risk is that a cracker can crack the bots and remove the feature that expires the bots.

2. One Page - One Action

I agree. Too much ads distract the reader plus a sponsor ad can influence the reader to clickthru and leave your site.

3. Social Buttons

I agree giving Social Buttons gives the readers an option to leave your site and so I'm adding Social Buttons on my "free to use conditionally" bot versions. This is where, they'd have to use these buttons if they want to use the bots for free. Otherwise, they pay for a paid version. Just one way to influence free users to promote my bots on their "walls".

4. Buy Buttons

How about a "Buy Button" that auto scrolls as you scroll down the page ? Yeah, it could be irritating. A Widget might be nice to see scrolling down that when clicked takes you to the order page.

5. Content

I agree the content should be free from grammar mistakes. Sometimes I see typos and worst sentences starting with a non- capital letter (like in one Ubot user's sales page). feels like an unprofessional sales page and gives out the impression a kid is kidding around building sales pages from his bedroom and probably has no intention of releasing the product after he gets the payment.

Trials are fine but I still think you need to show the product even to get more people to download the trial. Also, I have seen a scrolling order button that takes you to the bottom order button before. I personally wouldn't use it but only split testing could tell you for sure if that was a good idea or not.

Insom, how many buyers are happy with ubot created programs? i have 2 possible packages that i want to build in the future, as i won't be going near those niches, and i know from research there is no package that will do what i will build for the users, if i get say 100 orders, how many should i expect will give me hassle/want refunds/ upgrade to improved version

& Luis, you probably don't read many of my useful posts, there are plenty, you just remember the rude ones easier :)

Most are fine with it. Some in the past have been upset when it doesn't look like a Ubot program and that is what they get. But some of the things that I have learned that I feared before are this:

You may make something and then not feel so great about it - like people won't like it. But I have found that is generally not true, especially if you try to provide a quality product odds are it's better than the next guys.

You will think that the site you are working with will update 5,000 times a month. Also not true so far (thankfully)

You will have a high chargeback rate - for me it's been 1-3% depending on what it is. Even selling to the general public I've had refund rates at about 1% before which I think is pretty good.

It's never as bad as I make it out to be in my head, no doubt you will run into people who are very much to the point about things and they may even come off as angry but after an email they really calm down. It's partly because of the text format we communicate in though. My favorite is "bot don't work" or "so when are you going to fix the program?" - I always think people are upset but generally that's not really the case.

• Like 1

cover your eyes all you want. Every industry uses them from magazines, to formula 1 to top games companies. Plus you got a pretty good set if thats you in the toothpaste cum gif. :)

sorry but if u offer a serious product u dont need boobs butts or any other nude stuff...

i dont sell public bots my biz i do, is with clients who needs  specialautomations for intranet or that kind of stuff...but if i would sell public stuff, the last methode i would use are nudestuff!

i know sex sells and i also do some money in this area but i strictly seperate this biz from any other biz...

but for sure there is a difference between selling publicbots for $ 5,- or selling projects for xk

so if the $ 5,- stuff is yours  lemmy know i can give u some free content sites where u can find megamilfs for selling your stuff

• Like 1

what bots have you built that you were not satisfied with? Post an example of one, and we can all offer to help you instead of you running around seeking all the answers from everyone else, and getting nowhere.

• Like 1

Sorry bud i have read the thread, i suggest finishing 1 before moving to the next, and never get political about the software / bots your building.  If your that worried over something move onto something else and dont even waste the time of effort on it.

• Like 1

On the other hand I will chime in to this thread in that the OP (original poster for those that don't know what OP means)

the OP's post was great and well informed for users.

I would like to add. 

• Don't under value your work. 
  • Price it accordingly. 
  • If you price something high you can always negotiate lower later. 
  • or if its a good client give them the better price to retain repeat business. 
  • but if your wanting to sell to the mass market then price it accordingly for a license. 

and for the love of god pick up a licensing system.  you have spent 3 digits + for ubot and maybe plugins, secure your work.  Will earn more profits in the long run, and stop people from stealing it or sharing it.

• Like 3

I just want to chime in:

A big selling tool are case studies. Show users how they can make money using your bots and they will flock to you. The more detailed you make the case studies, the better. Show screenshots, keep a diary as the study progresses, give daily updates, explain everything, and of course post screenshots of revenue :)

-meter

• Like 5

Problem is, if you show your bot can make people thousands of dollars and you sell your bot for a few hundred then people automatically start wondering why you are selling licenses to your bot and creating competitions for a handful of hundred dollar bills when you could have kept the bot all to yourself and created a sack full of thousands with less competitions.
By that logic GSA search engine ranker wouldn't have ever sold the thousands of copies it has.

Where's the link ?

Any other similar tools you aware of that sold that good ?

Let's see if we can build something similar.

man u realy must be living wide outside this world...

since more then 20 Years we use searchengine like google

https://www.google.com/search?q=GSA+search+engine+ranker

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

But how to choose the right price for custom made bots?

I m doing mostly custom bots to clients that use it on their own sites or around and i dont know how to chosoe the right price.

And it is bad for me because i made few kind of long bots for 15-20$ and then on other hand simple bot for 100$. So how can i make this right, so my prices are right.

What if customer dotn want to pay more?

What if they want to overpay?