UBot Underground

Post a quick tip about using ubot.

When naming tables and variables, keep the names consistent and descriptive, so its easy to make things match up.

• Like 2

Copy the code to a notepad when you want to make changes.

Way easier and faster to change and replace things in there than in the studio.

• Like 3

Build your bots in a modular form by using single cycle Loops.  That way, you can quickly change the 1 to 0 in-order to not process a group of nodes plus it makes it even easier to copy & paste repeatable code to new bots.

I use Note Tab Pro for saving bot code in text.  I can categorize my code in a single file rather than having tons of txt files.

Buddy

• Like 4
  • 5 weeks later...

If you need to copy a define, as you plan on altering it, copy it out to notepad first, change the name there, then drop it back in. Copy and paste then rename does funny things,

Ever get stuck rendering a video in Camtasia only to realise a) that you need to go out before it finishes and B) that you didn't set it to render into your dropbox folder and it will take hours to upload?!

Having a poor upload speed can cripple your network during the day so if you are in a position that you're 70% of the way through your video rendering, use ubot to help you out...

1st - estimate how long left the video has to go (Camtasia 7 doesnt tell me this so I guess by timing how long it takes to do 0.5% then multply that out by the percentage left...)

Open ubot and create a WAIT for the number of seconds you've left + an additional say 10 minutes in case of poor arithmetic ;)

Then use the COPY FOLDER node and set it to your dropbox folder.

So, when you come home it's uploading/uploaded for you :)

I had this exact problem on Sunday and it was a 200mb file @90% left but I was going to be gone all day... worked like a charm.

• Like 1