UBot Underground

Is everyone Still Using Ubot 4?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As far as i know all those experienced Ubot users are still using V4!

There are two big issues remaining with v5: 1. Can't open large bots. UI crash or very slow 2. Threading not working 100%   1 will probably be fixed soon. But I'm a little bit scared about 2...Seth co

So for new purchasers a version 4 DL link is not provided? Everyone's/Every bussiness' action speaks volumes in terms of both their character and their intent... I wish people would understand this be

Still using v4 here. Maybe I'll keep using it until I get forced to upgrade. smile2.png

I still hope that 5.5 will be a big step forward.. If they are able to solve the two main issues (performance + threading), plugin developers will start to update their plugins to support 5.5

And after the major plugins work with v5, people will start to move over. 

So maybe in 4-6 months from now, everyone is able to use v5. But this depends on how good 5.5 will be.. 

We'll see... the bar is high..

Dan

Email is also broken in Ubot 5 and they don't' seem to want to fix it, saying it is now a "feature" request, even though it worked fine in 4 and doesn't work in 5.  There are no upgrades to 4 anymore, but there really aren't many updates to 5 either since there is no full time developer anymore.  When they finally get one, still will take a while before they understand ubot.

Ubot 4 was always slow, but Ubot 5 is worse.   Whenever a scheduled ubot starts from schedule or manually it locks up entire computer for 2-5 seconds on a powerhouse machine.

So maybe in 4-6 months from now, everyone is able to use v5. But this depends on how good 5.5 will be.. 

If V5 came out last October and it is 4-6 months away from being usable (and judging from the lack of progress that timescale seems optimistic), it makes continuing to pay for support and maintenance difficult to justify.

• 2 months later...

Ok, so v5.5.1 is out.  So I feel like it's time to ask this question again.

Is everyone still using Ubot 4?  

I started in v5 so I feel kinda stuck - I started compiling some updated code in V5.5.1 and realized the bugs are preventing my scripts from working.  I am trying to have patience with ubot studio at the moment.

I'm in the group who had their updates on version 5 run out before ever really using version 5.

So before I pay for updates I want to hear that version 5.5+ is commercial product ready.

Once I hear that I will be anxious to start using it; but for now I remain on version 4.

I'm happy with 5.5.1. I participated in the 5.5 beta test, so I had plenty of time to test the new release.

Looks like there are a couple of open bugs around:

captcha, run bar and onload.

http://tracker.ubotstudio.com/projects/ubot-5/issues?fixed_version_id=18&set_filter=1&status_id=o

But for my other projects, 5.5.1 is working pretty well.

Dan

Can someone please tell me which version is stable at V4... because I have download v4.2.20... reason for asking is: I see that everyone is using Ubot v4... I have v5.5.1... So far the reviews is that v4 is the most stable one but which version of it.... 

Who is saying that 4 is more stable than 5.5.1?

There are a couple of bugs in V5.5.1 yes. But so are bugs in the 4.2.20

The question is more about if the current bugs prevent you from using one of the versions at the moment.

I'm very happy with 5.5.1. But non of my current active projects requires one of those features where we have a known issue with 5.5.1.

Dan

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I also requested the latest version of Ubot 4 from Support hopefully they will reply soon,All tutorials are on V4 and almost none of them are for V5 or above,also i saw many helpful things in Ubot V4 and you have a lot of plugins,for instance i need a stable compiler which wont get buggy and make my Bots slow and it wont take forever to load them.I really don't need  the graphic interface or recording functions of Ubot v5.51 i just want older functions from Ubot V4 and while i am at it i can learn from tutorials!

I also requested the latest version of Ubot 4 from Support hopefully they will reply soon,All tutorials are on V4 and almost none of them are for V5 or above,also i saw many helpful things in Ubot V4 and you have a lot of plugins,for instance i need a stable compiler which wont get buggy and make my Bots slow and it wont take forever to load them.I really don't need  the graphic interface or recording functions of Ubot v5.51 i just want older functions from Ubot V4 and while i am at it i can learn from tutorial

They really need to have a static download link for both versions. Somewhere easy to find for customers... Why hasnt that happened?

So, reading about 5.5.x it sounds like it's pretty stable at the moment. I'm still unclear if I should wait to buy the update's for 5.5.x or keep using 4 until 5.5.x is declared stable across the majority of users.
Looking at the bug sheet for 5.5.2, they have been resolved. 

Regards,
HaHaItsJake

Hi Guys,

I thought I would give a bit of an update since I haven't commented lately on this post. I had purchased v5 a while back but immediately switched to v4 because everything and everyone was using v4 and v4 plugins plus all the trainings were using v4 (thanks Ubot Buddy). I learned Ubot Studio with v4 installed and Buddy's training, then I had a Microsoft Win Update that killed my Win7 OS (reboot loop issue), so I was forced to reinstall OS and everything else but this time I reinstalled Ubot v5.5.1 based on Dan's recent input and watching his training on Aymen's HTTP POST Plugin. So, the last month I've been writing and successfully running "new" small to mid-sized v5.5.1 scripts without major issues. I have noticed v5.5.1 loads faster and is running more stable. My scripts primarily use HTTP Post and SQLite Plugins and I do XPath Expressions to extract data (thanks to Dan's training and Aymen's plugins).

One bummer though, I had to upgrade my Ubot support without ever using v5 previously after I purchased it (due to v5 instability), just to re-download v5.5.1 support forced me to pay again. I sent them a ticket explaining that I thought it sucked that I bought v5, couldn't use it, had to use v4. Then when I finally heard v5.5.1 was working (from Dan) they forced me to pay upgrade again just to try it out and see if v5.5.1 truely did work now. Support basically indirectly told me too bad, you gotta pay up regardless if our product did NOT work when you purchased it, they felt it worked since last year. Yeah right! Well, I paid anyways just so I could download v5.5.1.

So far, I'm not having any major issues with v5.5.1, but my newer scripts are not huge either. I've started to dust off my old C programming skills and started to switch to learning C# .NET to port over my bigger Ubot v4 scripts for speed and stability purposes. I even thought about porting over my current mid-sized Ubot scripts to PHP's OOP code using HTTP Post commands. So, Ubot v5.5.1 for me now is a fast prototyping scripting language to get a concept working then I want to port the scripts to C# or PHP either myself or hire it out.

So, take a chance on v5.5.1 if you like!

-Rich

Btw, here's a few great vids on using simple PHP and Xpath to scrape website data, great if you want to run scraping scripts on a hosted dedicated or VPS and push data in MySQL DB easily:

Video 1: (videos 2 and 3 links are in the description of video 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=632ql93H90g

Edited by mobileconsultant
mobileconsultant,

Thanks much for your discussion of UBOT Studio v5.5.1.

Like you I bought v5 and never really used it much before switching back to version 4.

So when I go onto version v5.5 I will have to pay up too.

That's why I have been waiting for stability before I do that.

I will probably do it soon. Especially if more people come forward with positive comments on v5.5.

Guys i have both versions Ubot 4 Latest version and Ubot 5.51 i requested the older version of Ubot from support cause i thought its different and they were kind enough to give me that version so as someone who uses both of these i can tell you this:

Nothing Important really changes  Design looks a bit different and few functions more which i never use so it all comes down to what are you looking for in a software like this,i am lucky enough that there are so many people here willing to help each other here on forum so whichever version you use from my experience all the important things are there in both versions in fact i think that in some ways Ubot4 is faster,it might not look as pretty but it works very fast,then again v5.51 has more options but not important ones something you "Must have" its more of a choice and its subjective i would be happy with either version cause it rocks both ways and whatever you choose you wont make a mistake!

I do find that the latest version uses less memory when running the same bots from version 4. So that's definitely a good thing. And it uses the newer .net framework, so hopefully that's a good thing too. With the release of 5.5, I've pretty much switched to this version from 4. I've truly had no major issues and I'm looking forward to the continued development going forward.

Frank

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

After a couple of years with ubot, I walked away from botting out of frustration with v5. Continued with v4 for awhile, and just the other day I got a new computer and was installing all my stuff, ubot being one of them. I was quite suprized to see 5.5.9 and see all that has been fixed since last I checked (6 months or so ago). I did put v4 back on as well as v5.5.9 and I am pretty much happy with the latest version now. I have alot of plugins, and ubot is SOOOO much faster now in 5.5.9 than it was (with plugins installed) with v4. For those on the fence, I think its time to give v5 a chance again and fire it up. I wont be looking back to v4 again. Almost all my plugins seem to be working in 5 now, cept for a few minor bugs that I think will get worked out soon once the plugin guys hop on the 5.5+ wagon.

one of the best feature in v5.5.9 is the "include" feature, you can now call external code from many .ubot files.

this can make your app lighter and you can code faster.

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/17239-include-function-in-ubot-557/

all plugin also working for me in v5.5.9

one of the best feature in v5.5.9 is the "include" feature, you can now call external code from many .ubot files.

this can make your app lighter and you can code faster.

What do you mean by lighter? The include command actually makes compiled bots run just a tad bit slower.

It only helps in Ubot Studio when your code is so big that the Studio can't handle that much information.

It will become very useful in the future. As soon as the include scripts will be compiled into the executable. 
But at the moment you would have to ship the ubot files together with the bot. Which is really possible if you sell a bot.

Dan