UBot Underground

Is everyone Still Using Ubot 4?

Still using 4 here as well. Keep trying out 5 every now and then. Just I tried ubot 5.11 on my virtual XP machine. It burnt through 2 Gig of RAM almost immediately, then proceeded to use massive amounts of virtual memory, bringing my 3Ghz quad core to its knees before even completed a single page scrape. Then the interface becomes totally unresponsive so you can't even shut it down other than a forced shut down. Needless to say, I'll continue using ubot 4 for the foreseeable future.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As far as i know all those experienced Ubot users are still using V4!

There are two big issues remaining with v5: 1. Can't open large bots. UI crash or very slow 2. Threading not working 100%   1 will probably be fixed soon. But I'm a little bit scared about 2...Seth co

So for new purchasers a version 4 DL link is not provided? Everyone's/Every bussiness' action speaks volumes in terms of both their character and their intent... I wish people would understand this be

I open up 5 every once in awhile to update it and to test something but I think any of my bots with plugins just crash it out instantly  :(

There are two big issues remaining with v5:

1. Can't open large bots. UI crash or very slow

2. Threading not working 100%

1 will probably be fixed soon. But I'm a little bit scared about 2...Seth confirmed that problem but didn't reply to my question when we can expect a fix for that.

We might have to wait for v6 in 2016 (just guessing)... :-(

Dan

• Like 1
but didn't reply to my question when we can expect a fix for that

That's a standard that's been developed until a fix is found say nothing.

As I've started development in version 5, Dan when you say "Can't open large bots. UI crash or very slow, could you expand on this please?

Is it a UI problem or the overall number of code lines?

That's a standard that's been developed until a fix is found say nothing.

As I've started development in version 5, Dan when you say "Can't open large bots. UI crash or very slow, could you expand on this please?

Is it a UI problem or the overall number of code lines?

I think it's related to the number of code lines. Mainly when you have a html5 UI. Which is already like 20k lines of code. 

Then you add 10 ubot code tabs with 1000 lines of code each. 

Here is a small example:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10322/V5-UI%20Slow.ubot

Try to create a new TAB. And switch between tabs. 

And switch between code and node view.

And that's still a small example. It get's even worse with larger bots.

Dan

Yes I see, switching between tabs is too slow, seems like an old problem popping it's head up again
Pretty sure larger bots have always been a pain to work on.

Thank you for clarifying.

I think it's related to the number of code lines. Mainly when you have a html5 UI. Which is already like 20k lines of code. 

Then you add 10 ubot code tabs with 1000 lines of code each. 

Here is a small example:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10322/V5-UI%20Slow.ubot

Try to create a new TAB. And switch between tabs. 

And switch between code and node view.

And that's still a small example. It get's even worse with larger bots.

Dan

I tried this code in V5 and added a tab and it switched just fine for me. But I didn't add any ubot code under your html ui though.

I'm new to Ubot but not automation scripting languages, been using and developed various automation languages since the 90's. I've purchased and was directed to download Ubot v5. I've created some pretty simple scripts that in almost any language would run stable but it keeps crashing after an hour or so of running.

My question is... where can a paid member/user of Ubot Studio download the older versions (v4 specifically) to use with all the available scripts in the community and marketplace and also develop in a stabe environment? I not one that likes to waste time during rapid develop (time is money in the tech world).

Thanks in advanced!

-Rich

Btw, this does look like a pretty awesome community of folks built around Ubot!

I'm new to Ubot but not automation scripting languages, been using and developed various automation languages since the 90's. I've purchased and was directed to download Ubot v5. I've created some pretty simple scripts that in almost any language would run stable but it keeps crashing after an hour or so of running.

My question is... where can a paid member/user of Ubot Studio download the older versions (v4 specifically) to use with all the available scripts in the community and marketplace and also develop in a stabe environment? I not one that likes to waste time during rapid develop (time is money in the tech world).

Thanks in advanced!

-Rich

Btw, this does look like a pretty awesome community of folks built around Ubot!

Hi Rich,

you have to contact the ubot support team. They can send you the link to v4. But you also should report all the bugs you find with v5. So that they can fix all that stuff someday. 

Dan

I've seen a few posts from people who are new to Ubot and know nothing other that version 5, I feel they are working with a dud and as a matter of course I think UBot should provide both version 4 and 5 when people purchase new license and not wait for people to find out the hard way. Surely it is better to be proactive in ensuring that the customer's experience is positive.

I've seen a few posts from people who are new to Ubot and know nothing other that version 5, I feel they are working with a dud and as a matter of course I think UBot should provide both version 4 and 5 when people purchase new license and not wait for people to find out the hard way. Surely it is better to be proactive in ensuring that the customer's experience is positive.

So for new purchasers a version 4 DL link is not provided? Everyone's/Every bussiness' action speaks volumes in terms of both their character and their intent... I wish people would understand this better.

• Like 1

Hi Rich,

you have to contact the ubot support team. They can send you the link to v4. But you also should report all the bugs you find with v5. So that they can fix all that stuff someday. 

Dan

Thanks Dan,

I have a ticket in now. I'll be happy to develop on the more stable version 4 (based on forum reading) so I can get this scripts into production immediately. I'm mainly interested in using sockets and the multi-threading features.

-Rich

For all the new guys that start to use ubot version 4 you should also understand no new updates will be released for that version (going by history) once a  new version is released only that version will get updates. So little or no support for bugs in an old version.

• 5 weeks later...

Hmm. Back today to take a look at what ubot is up to nowadays. It's been a couple of years since the last time I had a look, so just shelled out for the developer version upgrade. Now I find this thread and I'm wondering if I should be working with v4 instead? Last version I used was v3.

Was interested to learn about plugins, looks promising. So - are plugins stable in v5? or should I be looking at v4? Is it still possible to get v4?

Hmm. Back today to take a look at what ubot is up to nowadays. It's been a couple of years since the last time I had a look, so just shelled out for the developer version upgrade. Now I find this thread and I'm wondering if I should be working with v4 instead? Last version I used was v3.

Was interested to learn about plugins, looks promising. So - are plugins stable in v5? or should I be looking at v4? Is it still possible to get v4?

Last I checked Ubot 5 will crash when I try to open up scripts with plugins in them.

I think we all still use 4 as of now although I'll say there have been some updates on 5 and it looks a lot more promising now than it did before.

Last I checked Ubot 5 will crash when I try to open up scripts with plugins in them.

I think we all still use 4 as of now although I'll say there have been some updates on 5 and it looks a lot more promising now than it did before.

I'm still on v4.

My three issues with v5 are:

1. Can't load big scripts. Ubot UI get's very slow

2. Not all plugins are compatible with v5 (http plugin)

3. Multithreading is "broken" in v5.  At least how I use it. Steh is aware of that, but hasn't told us how and when it will be fixed. 

I would love to use v5. But as long as those 3 are not fixed, I can't for most of my bots. 

Dan

One more vote for v4 here. I have the same issues as everyone else with v5.

1. Large bots crash.

2. Many plugins dont work correctly.e

3. Multi threading is broken.

4. This doesnt really effect functionality but I find the color scheme of v5 hard on the eyes compare to v4. Anyone else have issues with the color scheme?

Well, currently you have to run Ubot Studio v4.xxx to be able to take advantage of Aymen's HTTP POST plugin and several other things related to HTTP POST/Sockets. Also, when you purchase Ubot master Dan's HTTP POST tutorials he state's that you currently cannot do the things he is teaching in his videos with Ubot Studio v5 that you must be using Ubot v4.

So, until Ubot Studio v5 becomes more stable and these awesome advanced plugin features get ported and tested for use with v5 by the plugin developers, my v5 will sit and collect dust. I know it is unfortunate to say this, but I bought Ubot to implement it immediatley into production which I did with v4 after requesting it from Ubot support, I just don't have time to test, troubleshoot and report issues with v5.

Maybe, Ubot developers will give some type of incentive to the Ubot community and advanced users/developers to spend more time testing advanced stuff in Ubot v5 and that will resolve some of the v5 new release issues which in turn will cause the rest of the Ubot community to migrate over to v5. Microsoft does this constantly by giving away for free their .Net and developent language platforms like C#, SQLServer, VB, etc. to foster innovation and improvements.

I do want to say that Ubot Studio is an awesome innovation and this community built around Ubot is awesome. Ubot studio is really helping me at our company replace tedious manual tasks with automation scripts and in turn is improving efficiency and lowering costs. So, overall Ubot Studio is awesome and I truly believe version 5 will eventually overshadow it's predecessor and become a great version.

Oh, and did I mention the word "awesome", lol

-Rich

Dan, i think you should make some video to show ubot support how it crash in v5 and which plugin having issue in v5, so they have a clearer picture what to fix.

Since everyone is using http post plugin, which mean v5 is useless to all of us.