UBot Underground

Y U NO SPOTTED THIS IMPROVEMENT?

The total best new improvement, would be that after we have made a define, and then we put the actual function into the code, we should be able to run that node with a double click. Double click on a node does nuttin atm.

It would save so much time during debuggin and testing, instead of "right click, move down the menu 2 space, and then left click on run node"

Also how come we can't actually vote once in a while on which features will be prioritized next?

If i'm paying a monthly update fee, and someone who isn't submits a feature, and the ubot team prioritise the upgrade from the unpaid subscriber, instead of upgrades from paying subscribers, where is the justice league in that?

thoughts please.

About voting I would suggest going to support.ubotstudio.com and talking to them.  I don't have an answer about that.

As far as double-clicking and running a single node...I like it the way it is.

Double-clicking the node will collapse or expand a node.  Double-clicking to execute a node would be dangerous at this point SINCE it has been engrained in our processes now.  Right-clicking and moving down 2 menu levels is not an issue with me.  You can also click the single-step button.

Buddy

it only expands a node when its the define. The actual function of that define does not expand.

if you prefer 3 actions instead of 2 actions, on one of the most frequently repeated tasks as a developer, i guess time saving is not as an important issue for you as i feel it is to me. 

Since double clicking does nothing anyway, they could change it, and you could stick to your slower way though :)

Are you saying that if to click into a folder in windows, rather than double click, you had to do it the other way, it wouldn't bother you. (answer not required)

We are conditioned to double click in the right places within the Windows world.  We are also conditioned to what we can and cannot double click within UBot Studio.  I see no wasted clicks on my part.  Every aspect of the Define is working for me.

THE only thing that I wish I could bring back is the "include" node from days gone by.  That is a node prior to the Bot Bank.

Buddy

• Like 2

I agree, we are used to double clicking to expand / colapse the node.  I also think maybe if we could right click the define it would be nice to run it, BUT its not that hard to drag in the define and hit run node really.

We just got used to it all the way it is :)

If you are wanting to execute the code inside of the Define.  Then do as I code.  Place all of your Define's code in a single cycle Loop and then you can right click to Run just that Loop and everything will execute just once.

Granted, you won't be able to pass parameters doing that but at least you can run all of the command in one sweep.

Buddy

The total best new improvement, would be that after we have made a define, and then we put the actual function into the code, we should be able to run that node with a double click. Double click on a node does nuttin atm.

It would save so much time during debuggin and testing, instead of "right click, move down the menu 2 space, and then left click on run node"

If you have pash plugin you can hit "r" key twice to run node and hit "e" twice to edit that node or define.

• Like 1