UBot Underground

Select Users Can Not Edit UI Text Fields.

On my site I have a trial version of my program so I get a lot of tire kickers. Every once in awhile I get an angry email saying that my bot does not work and when the user opens it they can not edit any of the text fields. They say the buttons all work but they can never enter text.

I then email them back asking for full details of their computer but usually just get a OS version or an email saying they tried it on another computer and it works fine now. I still try to get details from them but as a trail user they really don't care to help debug.

Most recently was a guy running WIndows 8 using my bot from uBot 4. He gave me his OS version and I could get nothing else out of him. 

They assume I am some sort of scammer or something since it didn't work the first time and then just ignore me. I can not get enough info to figure out what is happening and I have no idea how many users are affected. I have a few hundred happy customers so it can't be that wide spread. But I can't stand not knowing what it is and the negative feedback is bad press. 

I am using uBot 4 Dev Ed. and normal HTML UI that is contained within the bot code with externally linked images. 

This is what I am dealing with.

Email: cool was a worthless trial any way it didnt even work bunk software

Me: Is there some problem you had when running the software? Would you like help?

Email: could not fill in any fields software was not doing anything

Email: Does not allow me to enter any keyword wil not load any data....only the import buttons work ......windows 8 

Has anyone run into this? What is the fix? What do you tell your users to do it fix it?

Also yes I already used the search feature but I can't find any posts on the issue or I am using the wrong wording. 

I am also experiencing similar issues lately; although the UI doesn't contain JavaScript I get inputs freezing, which is very frustrating! On latest project I'm working on we've just decided to stop using UBot UI exactly because of that reason. I hope something gets done about that soon, else we'll all be loosing customers.

However, in case you use JavaScript make sure that it's placed at the end of the HTML body section, this sometimes help but not 100% (I've also experienced inputs freezing with that). 

Interesting, This bot has not Javascript in the UI its just basic html, inline css, and external images. 

Ill be sure future bots don't have Javascript in the UI to make sure I don't get any extra problems, these ones are enough.

Today I lost another customer due to this issue. Using a fresh install of Windows 7 with all windows updates. Nothing else was installed to cause the problem. 

It has affected both Windows 7 and WIndows 8 customers. 

I just had my first customer experience this and I was able to do a teamviewer with him and I use html with css for my UI panel

The dropdowns worked but the input fields did not and when I click run the browser would not refresh. You had to maximize then resize the app to get the browser to refresh the screen.

awg for antivirus and win7 for OS. I have made expections for both the app and browser.exe in the awg

The bot was compiled and made in ubot4 with meters ubotlocker around it.

Just to make sure that ubotlocker or ubot4 wasn't causing any problems I made a quick bot that searched google in ubot5 and tested it and the same problem occurred.

I would be very interested to know what is going on with this as would my customer.

You could try with moving the UI to the browser and scrape the values to variables, I think that's the best workaround at the moment. You can then use "in new browser" node to keep browser "UI" displayed all the time.

Although I think this issue should be addressed by UBot team (it's been a around for a while and can get clearly reproduced on simple bot+clean installation of Windows 98).

So it seems that on certain systems no bots work at all? I have never had access to my clients computer so I was unable to test like Orbital did. 

No luck I'm afraid. I have reinstalled VMware and installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 in it. I have updated Windows to include all the available updates up to and including today, updated .Net from your link, installed Google Chrome and downloaded a new copy of your trial software from the link in your email. Still same problem, the input fields just will not retain the input data. I can put the data I want in them and it shows just fine in the field BUT as soon as I move to the next field the input data is lost.

Email from the client I just lost. That does not feel good.

Looks like @BeerNut and I are having different problems.

My clients bot doesn't refresh until you maximize or minimize (re-size) the window for anything. Input fields, browser window etc...

I would submit this to support but I am unable to reproduce it and that is what they will have to do.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure this is the same, but will put it out there just in case.

Any time one of my users is having any issue at all with field input, I simply have them close the program, and then reopen using 'run as admin' ... For me, it clears the issue 100% of the time.

The problem I often run into though is that even when you give clear instruction on how to run-as-admin, it just flies over some users head.

The final remedy for this was one of Aymens plugins... It forces run as admin, so it actually does it for them and they just have to click the OK button.

be sure your javascripts is under your html code

<script>
</script>
</html>

and format your inputs like that

<input type="whatever" class="whatever" onClick="yourfunction();" someOtherStuff="what ever"  variable="#yourvar" fillwith="value">
is very important that variable and fillwith are the last atributes in your formfields

hope that fix some of your problems

be sure your javascripts is under your html code

<script>

</script>

</html>

and format your inputs like that

<input type="whatever" class="whatever" onClick="yourfunction();" someOtherStuff="what ever"  variable="#yourvar" fillwith="value">

is very important that variable and fillwith are the last atributes in your formfields

hope that fix some of your problems

Blumi, under specific circumstances it also happens with scripts at the bottom or even without them...