UBot Underground

Any news/tips on Fix for Browser.exe Crashes

Hi, I am not sure if this thread should be in tutorial requests or bug reports.

I have been aggressively developing new bots with multi-threading. Most of my bots run just 5-10 new browsers at a time. Each browswer closes and opens new ones when a task i.e link submission is completed on a site. But usually just 5-10 opened browsers at  a time.

Every single bot I've made so far has the browser.exe crashing on every computer (vista, xp, and VPS server) I've tested. This is a big problem and I've seen other ubotters experiencing this same problem. I am not sure of a proper solution.

Please advise on what to do? 

Thank you

-------------------------------------------------

May 20, 2013, just released a free bot for automatically detecting and closing down browser.exe crashes. Check here:

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13968-free-automatically-close-ubot-browserexe-crashes-fix/

If you have the windows command. Just paste this code at the first line of your code. This will automatically close that browser crash error.

thread {
    loop while($comparison(#crash, "=", "")) {
        plugin command("WindowsCommands.dll", "close window", "Browser.exe", "")
        wait(30)
    }
}
  • Like 1

If you have the windows command. Just paste this code at the first line of your code. This will automatically close that browser crash error.

thread {
        wait(30)
    }
}

Am testing it right now, usually after about a couple of hours, it will freeze up my VPS with a bunch of browser.exe crashes. 

Hopefully this will fix that problem. THANKS to Kreatus either way!

Okay after testing, the code given by kreatus, this is not closing the "browser.exe has stopped working" popups. Browser.exe is still crashing and windows still popping up. Anyone else tried this code or have any other suggestions?

Thank you

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You can use "close page" to close "Browser.exe" (right from UBot) process and "change user agent" to re-initalize the browser.

This helped me to avoid a lot of crashes...

"change user agent" to re-initalize the browser.  -  would this apply in case of ' in new browser'  command too? Or only if I am using the default browser?

Thanks.

Please go to support.ubotstudio.com and present any scripts you have that reproduces any crashing behaviors you see.

If we can reproduce it, we can continue to make changes to possibly stop the behavior altogether.

Thanks everyone.

"change user agent" to re-initalize the browser.  -  would this apply in case of ' in new browser'  command too? Or only if I am using the default browser?

Thanks.

This would also apply to "in new browser" command if you have it opened for a longer time (you can re-initialize before every navigate command).

For the difference "close page" command should only get executed at the end of "in new browser" command, since it closes "Browser.exe" process.

• 6 months later...

Hello ;)

is the problem resolved when you change user agent ? Because I close page every time at the end of all "in new browser" but I still got the same issue... the browser still crash...

And is it normal that when I open my bot (a big one), 3 browser.exe are running in the task box ?

I don't run anything, my bot doesn't load any thread or new browser task when I launch it, I don't navigate anywhere when I load tab, but the 3 browsers are there, I don't understand....

Edited by zenos

Hello ;)

is the problem resolved when you change user agent ? Because I close page every time at the end of all "in new browser" but I still got the same issue... the browser still crash...

And is it normal that when I open my bot (a big one), 3 browser.exe are running in the task box ?

I don't run anything, my bot doesn't load any thread or new browser task when I launch it, I don't navigate anywhere when I load tab, but the 3 browsers are there, I don't understand....

Changing UA at the end doesn't help at all if you are then closing browsers, instead you should use it as soon as it opens/every time navigate command is used.

3 browsers are there since 1 is for main browser, 1 is for UI and I can't remember why 3rd one is for, but it's normal. To close extra browsers use command "close page".

• Like 1

Wow old topic. I was just having this problem, then I found the "close page" command. That solved all my problems. The session is retained, meaning if you are logged into a website you don't have to re log in. 

Wow old topic. I was just having this problem, then I found the "close page" command. That solved all my problems. The session is retained, meaning if you are logged into a website you don't have to re log in. 

Yep, still works. :) You would lost log-in session if you would use "clear cookies" command.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    Browser.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    52d33d54
  Fault Module Name:    MSVCR100.dll
  Fault Module Version:    10.0.30319.1
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4ba1dbbe
  Exception Code:    40000015
  Exception Offset:    0008d635
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    3084
  Additional Information 1:    825e
  Additional Information 2:    825ec3e8bf6de899d44d7940c8e20d9a
  Additional Information 3:    6f9f
  Additional Information 4:    6f9f7a5662456cb503789e59ae9f16b0

Over and over again

Using multi threading with IN NEW BROWSER

Now each browser (only 3 on this bot) remain active and are doing various things for hours. Well that is when i do not encounter the stop browser popup that is.

I tried in UB4 and UB5 and got the same results

EDITED:

i'M TRYING THIS

thread {
        wait(30)
    }
}

In UB4 at the very top of my script. (compiled bot) so far so good...

3 browsers (multithreaded, each with it's own private proxy)

In UB5 it was crashing right away.

We'll see how it goes.

EDITED 2:

Bot been running for 2 days now without stopping using the code above on UB4. I did witness the Browser.exe crash prompt but it vanished after a few secs ! Downside is, it looks like it's not working with UB5

wHAT ABOUT YOU GUYS ?

Thanks

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm having this same issue. Browser.exe crash every time .... contacted support, and they say that I have to see if the website I'm working on with my Ubot has changed.

Well I know that it have not changed, and if is this the case, why the browser have to crash? ... If a css or something else changes, the bot just stop to work right?

The extrange thing is that the bot was working very fine, a few weeks ago start the crash problem. Have reprogramed the bot(if the sites changes), same error.

For now my bots are just useless, they crash randomly ... some times after a few cycles, some after some hours.

Any ideas here? Is this problem solved?

Thanks.

I'm having this same issue. Browser.exe crash every time .... contacted support, and they say that I have to see if the website I'm working on with my Ubot has changed.

Well I know that it have not changed, and if is this the case, why the browser have to crash? ... If a css or something else changes, the bot just stop to work right?

The extrange thing is that the bot was working very fine, a few weeks ago start the crash problem. Have reprogramed the bot(if the sites changes), same error.

For now my bots are just useless, they crash randomly ... some times after a few cycles, some after some hours.

Any ideas here? Is this problem solved?

Thanks.

You could check how much RAM your browser is using before it crashes...I remember my browser would always crash if it's size is > ~1,5GB and there is no way to prevent such crashes (firefox and chrome also crash, just at higher RAM usage).

You could check how much RAM your browser is using before it crashes...I remember my browser would always crash if it's size is > ~1,5GB and there is no way to prevent such crashes (firefox and chrome also crash, just at higher RAM usage).

Well I'm running a single "Window" bot, not multithreading, and getting the same error. There is a way to reset the browser before a navigate but not loosing the login credentials?

Have read about the "Close Page" command, I guess it releases the Browser resources? IF you don't call this and just do a new "Navigate in new Browser", after the other one ends ... what happens?

Im running this one in a 12GB ram notebook(compiled), same error.

It doesn't matter how you run it and how much RAM you have, it's a browser limit...you just can't pack more than 1,5GB of data inside one browser. Try to do it with firefox and you'll see that it will crash sooner or later...

For your "login credentials" question you may get an answer if you look a few posts above: http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13181-any-newstips-on-fix-for-browserexe-crashes/?p=91794

For "close page", yes, it releases resources since it closes Browser.exe process like said here: http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13181-any-newstips-on-fix-for-browserexe-crashes/&do=findComment&comment=80665

Also Sanjev did a great job collecting all best practices on forum and he posted them here: http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/14748-best-practices-caveats-and-code-for-working-with-ubot-browser/

For the single thread there are no login problems. But for example, I have a multithread bot ... how do you use the "Close Page" command? Every thread is "a new browser", I cant not call again inside that "Open in a Shared Browser" Can just close the "thread" browser and retain the credentials? Can I just run then a "open in shared window"? ... shared from where? I just close the thread browser ....

For the single thread there are no login problems. But for example, I have a multithread bot ... how do you use the "Close Page" command? Every thread is "a new browser", I cant not call again inside that "Open in a Shared Browser" Can just close the "thread" browser and retain the credentials? Can I just run then a "open in shared window"? ... shared from where? I just close the thread browser ....

You should use "close page" command once in a browser/loop, so it closes all Browser.exes that are not needed. I've tried to understand the other questions but I really don't know what you are asking, so if you want answers please rephrase the questions.

• 1 month later...

Since yesterday, it seems I'm getting the "browser.exe has stopped working" error every minute while running a v4 bot that runs daily with no issues for the last few months.

Has anyone else noticed a sudden change in Browser.exe errors this week for Awesomium browser?

Brian

FOLLOW-UP:   I changed the browser agent from Googlebot to iPhone and it started working fine again.