UBot Underground

Forum Rules... Read This First... Ignore at Your Own Peril!

These are the rules of this forum. If you follow these rules, everyone will be happy forever. If you break them, your threads may be moved, locked, or deleted. If you keep breaking the rules, you will be temporarily suspended. If you still keep breaking the rules, you will be permanently banned.

1. The purpose of this forum is to discuss the everyday use of UBot, ask for help, offer help, get feedback on ideas, talk about the weather, or talk about other off-topic things.

2. This forum is not for bug reports, complaints about the software, or complaints about the company. Feel free to direct those to http://support.ubotstudio.com.

3. Do not make personal attacks against any members or staff members. Flame wars will not be tolerated.

4. Do not hijack threads. The topic of a thread is defined by the original poster, and changing the topic to whatever is on your mind is rude and won't be tolerated.

5. Affiliate links are only allowed in signatures, not in posts.  

6. Do not post plagiarized articles on the forum. Stolen articles are not welcome here.

7. If you don't have something nice to say, say nothing at all.

Feel free to suggest more rules, and if they're good, we'll add them!

• Like 2
  • No endless whining. Make your point and then move on for the love of god. Have some patience. Programming takes time and the boss man is doing his best to make UBot Studio absolutely stellar.
  • Use the help desk and the forum when you have questions. That is what it is there for.
  • Yeah no warez and crackers (unless they are salted with cheese)
  • Get an avatar
  • Play nice!
  • Relax!
  • :ph34r:

• Like 1

I think he means the General discussion forum. Also take note of this post. Most people don't notice it. I know it took me a while before I actually read it. Everyone should read this post: http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7662-how-to-write-a-useful-bug-report/

Sorry but this is just so funny how long has the forum been up and now we get rules, and of couse these can change at any time

I have run forums and you have to have rules or things get out of hand. And unfortunately people will break the rules and fight and all that and then you have to ban them.  It is no fun, especially when you start considering them to be your friends.  Just like a real community.

Sorry but this is just so funny how long has the forum been up and now we get rules, and of couse like these can change at any time

There have always been rules, but they were hard to find and weren't stickied like these ones are.

Rule suggestion: Enforce the rules.

I know it sounds odd, but a zero tolerance policy on a forum is usually the best policy.

Let me relate it like this. I am a member in good standing at the warrior forum. I love that site, I can't even begin to count the money, lists, and contacts it has made for me over time.

As such, I have become friends with some of the higher level mods. - But a short while ago I got a little aggressive, and I was automatically banned. Period. It was in the rules. They didn't talk to me about it, didn't give me any chances to redeem myself, no avenue to plead my case. I broke a rule and was automatically banned for a week.

I actually appreciate that. It is my job as a member of a forum to know the rules of that forum. They are posted and it is my own responsibility to be aware of and follow those rules without exception.

I accepted my ban without complaint. - That ban happen to happen while I was 24 hours into a launch of a new product that was starting to look like a high 5 to low 6 figure launch, and that ban crushed the life out of my launch - destroyed it.

And again, I am completely ok with that. I broke a rule and I paid for that infraction. I lost thousands of dollars because of that ban, and again, I am fine with that. It was my choice (ignorance) of the rule. I didn't know I was breaking a rule, and none of that mattered. A rule was broken, and a consequence was delivered.

So I say make the rules firm. Do abc and xyz occurs. No whining, no crying. As adults and professionals it is our own responsibility to know the rules and if we choose to break those rules through malice or ignorance, we can expect to suffer through the consequence associated with the rule that was broken.

• Like 2

i know we can act as spoiled kids sometime , but can you blame us ? most of us paid over 800$ on ubot ! i don't say we do not love ubot , but when a ubotter is angry , you should take it easy with him, because he want ubot to be better! it is like with our kids , we yell at them because we love them and we want them to be better persons !

• Like 1
Rule suggestion: Enforce the rules.

I know it sounds odd, but a zero tolerance policy on a forum is usually the best policy.

Let me relate it like this. I am a member in good standing at the warrior forum. I love that site, I can't even begin to count the money, lists, and contacts it has made for me over time.

As such, I have become friends with some of the higher level mods. - But a short while ago I got a little aggressive, and I was automatically banned. Period. It was in the rules. They didn't talk to me about it, didn't give me any chances to redeem myself, no avenue to plead my case. I broke a rule and was automatically banned for a week.

I actually appreciate that. It is my job as a member of a forum to know the rules of that forum. They are posted and it is my own responsibility to be aware of and follow those rules without exception.

I accepted my ban without complaint. - That ban happen to happen while I was 24 hours into a launch of a new product that was starting to look like a high 5 to low 6 figure launch, and that ban crushed the life out of my launch - destroyed it.

And again, I am completely ok with that. I broke a rule and I paid for that infraction. I lost thousands of dollars because of that ban, and again, I am fine with that. It was my choice (ignorance) of the rule. I didn't know I was breaking a rule, and none of that mattered. A rule was broken, and a consequence was delivered.

So I say make the rules firm. Do abc and xyz occurs. No whining, no crying. As adults and professionals it is our own responsibility to know the rules and if we choose to break those rules through malice or ignorance, we can expect to suffer through the consequence associated with the rule that was broken.

I'm sure WF has some reasonable bans - but when you say zero tolerance policy I think DP. They permabanned me 4 years ago for saying "Thanks man I joined the site" when somebody was advertising their site (in a legal section). They also permabanned me 2 years ago with absolutely no reason - I emailed a moderator and never got a response. This was also on a different computer on a different IP address, email and all it wasn't from making dupe accounts because I have other accounts that I've made that still work. The point is mods can get ban happy for some reason and that could also ruin the community.

• Like 1
There have always been rules, but they were hard to find and weren't stickied like these ones are.

No I believe this thread come about due to one that was posted and deleted yesterday

Myself I have lost count of the threads that have been deleted

And yes threads can get a little heated at times but we all need to vent our feelings at some point

So now when you a post it has to be about

discuss the everyday use of UBot, ask for help, offer help, get feedback on ideas

Then the bugreport section needs removing

2. This forum is not for bug reports, complaints about the software, or complaints about the company. Feel free to direct those to http://support.ubotstudio.com.

Ok if the forum is NOT for Bugs reports then why there is a Bugs Report Section in the forum?

• Like 2

The Bugs section in the forum is more for "users to user" fixing, general type of questions, and other quickie type of responses that we as Mods might be able to help with.

The Support is for immediate Help.  That is where the firestorm will be addressed if a much larger problem starts to surface.

This is standard practice.

The forums are for the users for "user to user" type of communication.  Support is for communication to the company.

We are blessed that our corporate staff participate in here from time to time.

• Like 1
We are blessed that our corporate staff participate in here from time to time.

LMAO this just made my day.

Now we are "Blessed" because they talk to us in their own forum?

I have heard some stupid stuff in the past but this is something else

Come on man you should really read what you write before you hit post.

Comments like that makes you look really bad and we have a lot of respect for you as you are a good UBot coder...

• Like 3
Best get rid of the bug report forum then!

These rules are just for the General Discussion Forum

i know we can act as spoiled kids sometime , but can you blame us ? most of us paid over 800$ on ubot ! i don't say we do not love ubot , but when a ubotter is angry , you should take it easy with him, because he want ubot to be better! it is like with our kids , we yell at them because we love them and we want them to be better persons !

I really want to be clear on this. I truly and genuinely appreciate each and every one of you. It's because of all of you that we're able to live our dreams of running a small business creating automation software. Your passion toward the continued improvement of the software is almost as great as our passion for the very same.

I also have a responsibility to the users of this forum. If the UBot forum becomes a complaint department, then we're robbing people of the real value of the community. There are always going to be issues and things that are worth making a fuss about. But is that the sort of place we want this to be? Or would it be better for the forum to keep being the amazing resource that it is for new and old customers alike, and for all the impassioned bug reports and feature requests to go where they ought to?

Seth,thx for showing us your RULEZ

Awesome Work realy !

THX

You're welcome.

• Like 1
I really want to be clear on this. I truly and genuinely appreciate each and every one of you. It's because of all of you that we're able to live our dreams of running a small business creating automation software. Your passion toward the continued improvement of the software is almost as great as our passion for the very same.

I also have a responsibility to the users of this forum. If the UBot forum becomes a complaint department, then we're robbing people of the real value of the community. There are always going to be issues and things that are worth making a fuss about. But is that the sort of place we want this to be? Or would it be better for the forum to keep being the amazing resource that it is for new and old customers alike, and for all the impassioned bug reports and feature requests to go where they ought to?

Well when you put it like that, then there is no debate.

Seth, can we post bugs or not about UB in the right section when we find one ?

Man, i really don't want my balls to get fried hahahahaha

Plus, i need to make sure and read things twice, no THREE times as my english sucks so...

I know this ain't really good for biz (the bug section) but i think it's a good idea so that the software gets better and better ?

You know what ? Remove it then. So no one will run into problems. I would...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It is tough running a forum. you get all these different personalities and you can't please everyone. it is like playing peace officer all of the time.

so true, but I think the mods do a great job here

• 7 months later...

Its your business and dream... and like that you want a more community driven forum :)

But could it be possible to have a private bug forum for people to find and fix bugs? - separate from the community forum!

Just had a post removed this morning, that i was ranting about my frustration with ubot5, but after reading this thread am happy for it to be removed.

(it wasnt too bad, and actually said how much i love ubot)

But it would be cool if I had a place to rant and report bugs to other members, them ubot staff can also use the forum to fix and get bug reports.

Bugs can be listed somewhere and the community can be aware of the bugs and if there is any work-around solution or if it is critical awaiting a ubot update.

Anyways love ubot and happy to abide by whatever rules, but zero tolerance is a bit strict as some members are not necessary deliberately breaking some rules!

Either way keep up the great work :)

Its your business and dream... and like that you want a more community driven forum :)

But could it be possible to have a private bug forum for people to find and fix bugs? - separate from the community forum!

Just had a post removed this morning, that i was ranting about my frustration with ubot5, but after reading this thread am happy for it to be removed.

(it wasnt too bad, and actually said how much i love ubot)

But it would be cool if I had a place to rant and report bugs to other members, them ubot staff can also use the forum to fix and get bug reports.

Bugs can be listed somewhere and the community can be aware of the bugs and if there is any work-around solution or if it is critical awaiting a ubot update.

Anyways love ubot and happy to abide by whatever rules, but zero tolerance is a bit strict as some members are not necessary deliberately breaking some rules!

Either way keep up the great work :)

Hi There,

Your post  was hidden and a note was written as to why it was hidden. The forum is not an efficient way to report bugs, which si why we've provided a public tracker.

Please see the rules for the general discussion section here: http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13859-general-discussion-forum-rules-and-guidelines/

To report issues, please go to support.ubotstudio.com and open a ticket there.

To report bugs directly to our tracker, please use tracker.ubotstudio.com (double check the list to make sure your issue has not already been reported)

Thank you.