UBot Underground

Browser.exe stopped working.

Hi all,

A couple of times today my bot stopped working with an error box appearing.

Here's how I am running my bots:

I have one bot that watches for a particular page to change. If it changes the bot will then go on and run a node. That's all fine.

However, I also want to shut down that bot in order to start it afresh in case any problems occurred.

So, I run a counter and when it reaches 10 it then starts a thread in a new window and shells out to the very same exe /auto Then it stops script in the original bot.

So essentially I get a new bot starting every ten counters.

However, the original bot never closes down (don't know how to shut it down) but the other new shelled one does (I guess cause its /auto). Any how, the browser.exe error occurs occasionally.

Is it because of the way I have the shelling configured with the in new browser?

Thanks!

Kevin

Don't know of this option. I recall close window but I'm not wishing to close a window I need to shutdown the bot. If there's a close command then that would be the one I need :)

Just looked up the close command - close page and close window. Neither of these explain how to close the bot down completely.

The Close Window seems to work via mouse coordinates.

How can I get this bot to close then using a close command? Thanks for the help.

Here's how I got around it:

1. Create a batch file and have the /auto switch in it.

This way when you run the batch file it will start automatically.

2. Inside the bot I had a counter. When that counter was met (e.g. 10) it would then create an "In New Window" and thread - then it would shell out to the exe file, with /auto at the end, then it would STOP script.

This would make the bot shutdown (I guess as it was set to /auto from the batch file.

Anyhow that's working for me perfectly.

• Like 1