UBot Underground

uBot Downloading Support Files???

I generated a bot yesterday.

Today i run the bot and it comes up with the following message while contacting the IP address of the uBot server.

Why is this?

http://i.imgur.com/ciRAe.png

This is something we don't want to happen, SPECIALLY if you keep in mind we have a DEVELOPER version of uBot Studio (thus, BRANDING FREE).

Imagine, what if we send this file to clients???

The generated .exe file is already about 4MB so i assume there are no suspicious "updates" needed!

All required files ARE already in the .exe, right???

• Like 2

I too think that this shouldn't happen.. It sucks for People having Intranet networks or networks where only limited number of sites are accessible..

My suggestion to Ubot team:

• An option to disable "downloading" completely in compilation option and have a folder(named "files", or "data" or any custom name) with support files built right next to that compiled bot..

This would help the clients with slow connection or no access to ubot servers.

I am sure, ubot team too don't want to waste their money on bandwidth for providing support files..
They should happy to have files hosted by developers..

Ubot team is working hard to bring features to us..(Thank You, Ubot team for building such awesome software and improving it everyday. :wub: )

Hopefully, they'll do something about this issue..

• Like 1

We've talked in the past about making a dev feature that allows you to compile to an msi. We have a couple other big fish to fry before we could get to that, but would everyone get behind a feature like that?

• Like 7
We've talked in the past about making a dev feature that allows you to compile to an msi. We have a couple other big fish to fry before we could get to that, but would everyone get behind a feature like that?

I would definitely like that feature.  Would the installation procedure in the msi be customizeable?

.msi might be a bad idea for people using custom installation builder (installsheild, nsis, wix etc)..

I would say, give people options..Let them choose what they want..

• Single EXE (Support files will be downloaded from ubotserver - just how it is right now)
  • .MSI (installation with all files)
  • Exe with files ( supported files will be next to compiled bot or custom location, no downloading at all)

What do you think  about it ?

Yea , that would be a killer feature !

most bots do not connect to the ubot server so I assume this would be .net  files and browser updates?

All required files are installed (latest versions), i started the bot on the same computer that it generated the bot.

LOL!!!

Dont you think that without those support files your bot will be 50mb and not 3mb?

UBot Studio folder in appdata is there for a reason.

It seems you don't understand the technology behind uBot.

It's a package that has everything in it by default and does not need extra software (besides .net installed of course)

Sure, such option will be more than welcome imho.

This whole users connecting to ubot servers without their knowledge needs to go and it needs to go quick.  I didn't even know this was the case.

Definitely something that should be included in our disclaimers when we're distributing and selling these things no?  What happens if ubot servers get hacked for example, (as has happened before) they could do any number of things to the users systems who uses one of our bots.

Even besides that, the people receiving these bots should not have to be reliant on ubot servers being up and live in order for them to download support files if need be.  I think the installer is a must have update and should be a high priority, in my opinion.

• 1 month later...
I generated a bot yesterday.

Today i run the bot and it comes up with the following message while contacting the IP address of the uBot server.

Why is this?

http://i.imgur.com/ciRAe.png

This is something we don't want to happen, SPECIALLY if you keep in mind we have a DEVELOPER version of uBot Studio (thus, BRANDING FREE).

Imagine, what if we send this file to clients???

The generated .exe file is already about 4MB so i assume there are no suspicious "updates" needed!

All required files ARE already in the .exe, right???

if its stuck there this is usually caused by a firewall blocking the ubot servers or a certain port most times port 80 out, and happens often on VPS windows 2008 servers

• 1 year later...

Hi uBotters!

Updating this thread seemed liked the "right thing" to do given it's practically the ONLY thread that comes up in Google when someone searches for more information after seeing something like this when they try to load a compiled bot:

http://content.screencast.com/users/datapile/folders/Snagit/media/df8538b4-d5b6-4529-a920-ca050b678f7f/09.30.2014-13.55.png

The user "gabel" mentions:

you could put the files in an installer and when that's ran it will automatically add those so the end user won't have to download anything

As of uBotStudio v5+ it appears there is a built-in installer (at least for the developer edition) wherein all the necessary support files can be included.

Here's a link with more information:

http://wiki.ubotstudio.com/wiki/Compiling_in_the_Developer_Edition

(Scroll all the way down on the aforementioned link/page, and pay special attention to the "AppData" portion of the instructions.)

===

EDIT: The specific folder cited in the Wiki page appears to relate to uBotStudio v5.0.4 (at least as of the time this post is being made) ... try loading this directory first (see below) and then click into whatever the most up-to-date uBotStudio directory you have (which appears to be in the form of a version number):

C:\Users\YOUR-WINDOWS-USERNAME-HERE\AppData\Roaming\UBot Studio\Browser\

Mine looks like this (at the time this post is being made):

C:\Users\thnksrvr\AppData\Roaming\UBot Studio\Browser\5.0.13

===

To the extent your "AppData" folder appears to be inaccessible, here is a quick YouTube tutorial randomly discovered on the 'net that demonstrates how to make that folder accessible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoSWTDoWldI

Hopefully this provides a useful path forward for anyone who stumbles upon this thread who is attempting to resolve the issue(s) posed by the "Please wait while we download the necessary support files" message, and/or the slightly ominous "The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.ubotstudio.com' message!

Kind regards,

Stephen

Edited by clkmnky

Hold on a minute!

If the support file downloading server could not be reached and our bot users get an alert like above where "ubotstudio.com" is mentioned then that gives away that our bots are compiled with Ubot. So much for branding removal in the DEV version, right ? Or, is this only shown on bots compiled with STD and Pro ? Why do i get the feeling this isn't so ?

Yes it happens in DEV as well. This has been discussed before, there are many footprints to identify Ubot bots (file information, antivirus notification, Browser.exe presence etc.), and Seth has no intention in removing them, it's not his goal. So you won't be able to hide the fact that your bot is a Ubot bot, there will always be people who will be able to identify it. You can however bypass this support file installation by using any of the techniques described in this thread, but I would personally use a professional installer system to make sure the files get installed to %AppData%.