UBot Underground

The missing gap to full ubot automation (filled)

Hi guys,

its Sunday and raining - so I spent the day in front of the computer doing a a bunch of things.

Today I got another email from someone asking how to control & trigger ubots from a website.

So as more and more people tend to ask me this and similar questions I thought - ok lets check if there are actually a bunch of people that want to know this.

So I created a video (as I had not much time it is pretty amateurish though) where I show an engine that we use in our company to literally take our UBot projects to the next level.

What I mean is full UBot automation, like:

• Manage your UBots from a web interface like your own website.
  • Have an email send to you when ubot runs into an error (Maybe you have to fix ubot because the target site changed).
  • Define when your ubot should run over a web interface. Like defining cron jobs!
  • Define what (dynamic) data your ubot should use when being started automatically!
  • Have the result of one ubot – be used in a second ubot.
  • Have your ubot run silently without interfering with your current actions on your PC (if your ubot is running on your pc).
  • Store the results generated by your ubot in archived in a smart way – so that you can get to them with a click of a button. Even when the ubot ran 3 months ago?
  • A comprehensive list of all ubot executed including information about status and time ran.

If you want to see the demonstration of the capabilities please check the video I have uploaded to youtube:

*** UPDATE Start (2012/04/23) ***

If you are experiencing problems with the high res video on youtube, feel free to use this alternative link:

==> Alternative Video Link

It will show you the video on our website. For people with limited bandwidth the video is approx 35MB.

*** Update End ***

If you like what you see and you want to know more about it. Let me know.

==> By subscribing to this List

If enough people are actually interested, I will take the workload and go ahead an create a couple further explanatory videos.

If you have questions - let me know as well.

Happy uboting :-)

tony

Edited by Tony H.
  • Like 9
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys,   its Sunday and raining - so I spent the day in front of the computer doing a a bunch of things. Today I got another email from someone asking how to control & trigger ubots from a webs

Hi Tony,   Quite impressive! I am interested.   Big +1

I enjoyed the videos! Got me to thinking about how it's done. First thing to remember is that you cannot run ubot .exe's on a server like Hostgator or GoDaddy. This process requires your own computers

Posted Images

This idea is very good! I think all Tony do is report everything back to a Web server with a custom command, in this way the Web server know in every moment whats going on the Windows machine. When Tony wants to know anything about the bot, only need to make a query with the job ID and print the Array.

To run, stop, and restart bot process I think he can use a custom .net code, always waiting for a parameters on the web server (For this task, Im not very sure)!

But for sure, I will be happy if Tony make another video explaining it a little more,

Thanks for this kind of post!

First of - thanks for the great feedback guys. I am glad you like the video. Motivates me to produce more in future.

Also thanks to everyone that subscribed so far. It is important for us to measure interest and the challenges.

Hint ;-)

- if you want to see more but you have not subscribed yet. Please do so. As said - the ubot market is a small niche right now and to see if it makes sense to take on the workload to produce more videos etc. we need to know about the number of people really interested. So every subscriber counts.

==> Vote For Your Interest Here

Also let us know about he challenges you face with ubot - so that we can match the tutorials to the things you want to have covered.

Im not sure if its only me but there's a problem when I fullscreen your youtube video.

Thanks for sharing this. Just subscribed.

Hi thanks for the note! This is weird when I tested it yesterday in FF it worked fine. Today i see the problem too. In some way it is cut of when switching the quality of the video within you tube. The funny thing is - that error only appears in Firefox. Safari or on IPAd the video works just fine.

Anyway - i have upload a high res video to my website - so for everyone experiencing problems with the video at youtube - feel free to watch it over here: Alternative Link to high res video!

WHAT??! I've been looking for this for ages! Thanks for the video. Of course I'm interested...

We need web automation. This thread should be on fire soon! B)

W.

Awesome, I am glad, i got you excited! :-)

This idea is very good! I think all Tony do is report everything back to a Web server with a custom command, in this way the Web server know in every moment whats going on the Windows machine. When Tony wants to know anything about the bot, only need to make a query with the job ID and print the Array.

To run, stop, and restart bot process I think he can use a custom .net code, always waiting for a parameters on the web server (For this task, Im not very sure)!

But for sure, I will be happy if Tony make another video explaining it a little more,

Thanks for this kind of post!

Yes we are using web-server technology in the process to make the thing work across different platforms.

This looks awesome.

I have been looking for something exactly like this.

Very interested to see more videos.

A big +1 from me for sure!

Now I wish that awesonium would release there update so I can finally stop baby sitting my bots.

One question. Can this constantly monitor the bot and if a crash occurs, automatically restart where it left off?

Cheers,

Justin

This looks awesome.

I have been looking for something exactly like this.

Very interested to see more videos.

A big +1 from me for sure!

Now I wish that awesonium would release there update so I can finally stop baby sitting my bots.

One question. Can this constantly monitor the bot and if a crash occurs, automatically restart where it left off?

Cheers,

Justin

Hi Justin, I am glad you like the video. If you are interested please make sure you vote/subscribe to out "people interested list".

==> Make sure you are on the list.

Considering your other question with the automatic monitoring and restarting. Yes, this is possible and something we are doing with bots already. Its very helpful and the reason why we implemented something like that. So you could set up a job that is checking for errors every 1 minute or 5 minutes or whatever you define. Then depending is error found - restarting the according job.

Hehe your question just gave me another idea for improvement. More about that later, first i have to check if it can be done.

Cheers, :-)

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Hello everybody, just wanted to give a quick update to everyone that is watching this post.

At the moment there are 9 people that are interested in UBot-Automation like this.

This is not a lot. Thanks though to everyone that showed interest and signed up. :-)

However I will wait for a little longer until I will make my final decision what to do about this project.

I can imagine providing a quick and small video showing the basics.

However since there is only a low number of people that want more info about this i will probably not create a professional video series showing everything in detail.

But who knows i will leave the signup open for a while longer, lets see how many more people we can get interested in this topic.

Greetings to everyone :-)

Tony

Sigh :mellow: :unsure:

9 People? C'mon guys and gals, let's get this thing!

I was tempted to build a Bot for that signup page so you could release the video sooner :rolleyes: but the little angel on my right shoulder said not to :(

I know you want real people... But I so wanna learn this thing so badly I'm already looking at the grin on the face of the red devil on my left shoulder :)

W.

Hi Tony,

I am one of the culprits that did not sign up for the list.

It is a little hard to understand how to sign up, none of the fields on your sign up form have a default value.

So I am not sure what to put in where. For example, which field does my name and email go in?

I have a feeling that many people like myself got to the page and got confused and simply left the page. Because I am sure that there are many more than 9 people that would love to have this kind of automation for ubot.

Please add in the default form fields so people will know what to put where.

As far as the automation goes, it's just awesome!!!

I am still very interested in this and will try signing up for the list (even if I get it wrong).

I would even be willing to pay good money for this kind of automation!!!

Thanks,

Justin

For anyone that's wondering, I figured out what all the fields on the form are.

The first field is for your name, second field is for your email, third field is for challenges you are having, fourth field is for the thing you are most interested in learning.

So visit his site and sign up already... ;) I would really like to get my hands on this! Seriously go do it now!!!

Justin

I will create a bot to auto sign up to his newsletter just to get this started. lol

Me, you, and wakins all have the same idea :D .

Although Tony is looking for REAL people, so it wouldn't be very beneficial for him if we did that.

Sigh :mellow: :unsure:

9 People? C'mon guys and gals, let's get this thing!

I was tempted to build a Bot for that signup page so you could release the video sooner :rolleyes: but the little angel on my right shoulder said not to :(

I know you want real people... But I so wanna learn this thing so badly I'm already looking at the grin on the face of the red devil on my left shoulder :)

W.

Hehehehe what a paradoxon - the bot guy would have been hammered by spam bots. :-D

I am glad you decided to listen to the little angle on your shoulder. :-)

Could not signup , something wrong when I submit the form, removes my details.

Hmmm that is weird - am using a wp-plugin (qody optiner) - i just updated to the latest version. Feel free to try again.

If it still does not work i would be more than happy if you can give me some details about your browser, os and javascript (enabled yes/no).

Hi Tony,

I am one of the culprits that did not sign up for the list.

It is a little hard to understand how to sign up, none of the fields on your sign up form have a default value.

So I am not sure what to put in where. For example, which field does my name and email go in?

I have a feeling that many people like myself got to the page and got confused and simply left the page. Because I am sure that there are many more than 9 people that would love to have this kind of automation for ubot.

Please add in the default form fields so people will know what to put where.

As far as the automation goes, it's just awesome!!!

I am still very interested in this and will try signing up for the list (even if I get it wrong).

I would even be willing to pay good money for this kind of automation!!!

Thanks,

Justin

Hi Justin, hmm weird - I actually see the exact thing that you mention is missing. I will attach a screenshot to this post. Please let me know if you are seeing something like this or not. Also please check again - i just updated the plugin to the latest version. If you still do not see it, please let me know some small details about your operating system, browser used, and javascript enabled or not.

We are planning to use the same plugin on other projects too - but if it does not work properly we have to rethink - that is why your feedback will be great input.

thanks in advance :-)

Me, you, and wakins all have the same idea :D .

Although Tony is looking for REAL people, so it wouldn't be very beneficial for him if we did that.

Hehehe - it seems like I am lucky that you all listen to the little angle on your shoulder. :-) Appreciated!

See by not spamming me you guys have a great impact on my business. So maybe i would have wasted a lot of money and energy in false hopes. Now i know that the ubot automation is a total niche and a professional product/tutorial/software whatever in that niche must be adjusted to that condition. Its a total different ball game!

So thanks to everyone! Good karma may bless you!

Of course i could have asked for a symbolic 1 USD donations via paypal to filter the spam bots from the legit people with interest. So by not spamming me you just saved yourself 1 USD as well. :-)

Just added you ;) Maybe we can have a little chat sometime :)

Sure when ever you feel like it and i am available.

greetings

tony

post-4762-0-17461800-1336475159_thumb.jpg

Hi Tony,

Everything is showing up correctly for me now. Seems like the update worked!

Hopefully, more people will sign up and you can get this going. Like I said, I would be more than willing to pay for something like this.

The part I am most interested in is the monitoring of the bots, and if they crash to pick back up where it crashed at...

Justin